Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Back in the day before the EPA made chrome plating too expensive we had automobile bumpers that wouldn't rust in thirty years. Now virtually nothing is chrome plated stateside and the import chrome is hammered crap.

My material of choice is stainless, rouge and a ten inch wheel. Remove the mill finish and even an idiot like me can smoothly tig weld it. Polish it and it resists all oxidation and never discolors. It's hard and it's flexable at the same time.

This pedal has a 2:1 advantage which is less than factory. It's to be connected to a BSA racing wheel and I know nothing about the effectivness of the brake. It's probably not any worse than the conical britt wheels they came with. I may have to stand up to stop the thing but maybe not. We'll see.

I only know that at my ageI enjoy the smells of fresh argon and rouge wax much more than sex. Not that I remember sex...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

Those beautiful chrome fenders on the Norton Commandos were actually polished stainless steel.I bought a commando once that had a mangled front fender. Hours and hours of hammering, filing, sanding, and finally the polishing wheel and you could not tell that it had ever been damaged.

There is a lot more to the polishing wheel than just rouge. I do not have them all memorized but the info is all on the internet. There are different compounds for different materials and different ones for the final finish.

·
Premium Member
1,390 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
I only know that at my ageI enjoy the smells of fresh argon and rouge wax much more than sex. Not that I remember sex...

I don't care who you are, you just made my day. That there is just too funny....:ROFL:

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
imported post

TominDallas wrote:
......I only know that at my ageI enjoy the smells of fresh argon and rouge wax much more than sex. Not that I remember sex...
Sex is soon forgotten, a nicely polished motorcycle part lasts longer.

·
Premium Member
1,542 Posts
imported post

Retired now 2 years, but when I worked as a machinist someone in the shop was always making something out of high grade stainless steel, great stuff. (For home, boat, motorcycle, tractor, whatever)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.