Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody else have trouble with scrapping their pegs when going round corners bikes done 28k settings on 25

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
Can happen Killerdelts, what model are you riding?
I see you are pretty local to me, always welcome to come up and compare what point you are dragging the pegs compared to me. :waving:

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
does anybody else have trouble with scrapping their pegs when going round corners bikes done 28k settings on 25
I expect with a 25 setting it's an 1800. That's the max setting.

Yes I scrape my pegs with the setting on 25.

If in fact it is an 1800, there are some that don't start to move the ride height until the level reaches a high number, such as 10 or 12 leaving the total adjustment to range between this magic number and 25 which is max. I found that cleaning the reservoir and filling with new fluid makes mine start to increase at level 1 and it continues until it reaches 25, leaving me with a full range of adjustment and not 1/2 the total range.

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I expect with a 25 setting it's an 1800. That's the max setting.

Yes I scrape my pegs with the setting on 25.

If in fact it is an 1800, there are some that don't start to move the ride height until the level reaches a high number, such as 10 or 12 leaving the total adjustment to range between this magic number and 25 which is max. I found that cleaning the reservoir and filling with new fluid makes mine start to increase at level 1 and it continues until it reaches 25, leaving me with a full range of adjustment and not 1/2 the total range.
Yea it is a 1800 sorry bikes done 28k thinking of changing surpension front and back place in York does it bits come from USA costs a bit but I think it's worth it going full monty lol

·
Premium Member
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can happen Killerdelts, what model are you riding?
I see you are pretty local to me, always welcome to come up and compare what point you are dragging the pegs compared to me. :waving:
Yea give me your details bro I come over and say hi

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
I scrape the pegs now and then when feeling sporty on a good road. That is with the air all removed from the hydraulic cylinder. No matter how high your bike rides it's going to be possible to shoot a few sparks from the pegs if the turn and speed are right. The first thing I'd do would be to check the suspension. Oregonwinger clued me onto it when I got my 1800. With the bike on it's wheels run the suspension down to the lowest setting and then increase it listening carefully to the pump to see what the reading is when you hear the pump take up the load which makes it groan a bit and slow down some. If the reading is higher than a 1 or so you need to open the cylinder and top if off with fluid. Removing the right saddlebag gives access to the hydraulics.

·
Madman at Large
18 Posts
I've had trouble scraping my pegs, but I found that with a little more throttle and a more aggressive lean I can usually do it, no problem.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,841 Posts
Yeah as stated, no trouble with scraping pegs when I want to, it's kind of fun. What I do have trouble with is remembering to pull my feet inward on the pegs so I'm not scraping my boots. :ROFL:
John

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
Yeah as stated, no trouble with scraping pegs when I want to, it's kind of fun. What I do have trouble with is remembering to pull my feet inward on the pegs so I'm not scraping my boots. :ROFL:
John
Yep, me too. I keep reminding myself and then remember when I feel my boot toe sliding along the road.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.