Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a constant battle keeping trailer light working. I need to use my 10' trailer so I hooked to it and checked the lights, they wouldn't light up like they should so I knew there was a ground problem. I just used it a couple weeks ago and everything was fine. Replaced the bolt & terminal where the harness from the truck is grounded to the tongue & they still won't work. It is a tilt trailer so I attached a jumper from the main frame to the tongue and they worked so I made a permanent ground near the pivot point. It should have a ground wire all the way to the lights but it's a factory made trailer so of course it's made as cheap as possible. Needs new lights anyway so I may just do that.

·
Premium Member
2,295 Posts
It should have a ground wire all the way to the lights but it's a factory made trailer so of course it's made as cheap as possible. Needs new lights anyway so I may just do that.

You can't go wrong running things directly. :)

Another thing that can cause strange things like this is the sockets of the bulbs become corroded.

Tim

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another thing that can cause strange things like this is the sockets of the bulbs become corroded.

Tim
A tell tale sign of that not being the case is if both lights flash dimly when either turn signal is on.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
Hello Dave , been a while. Was in Calico Rock two mounts next time I am in Calico come and see me. I will give you a call when I am there. Jim Rabbit

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great, think about you once in a while and wonder what you've been up to and if you still had the place at Calico Rock. Haven't been up that way in a while.

·
Premium Member
3,615 Posts
Hello Dave , been a while. Was in Calico Rock two mounts next time I am in Calico come and see me. I will give you a call when I am there. Jim Rabbit
Hey Rabbit. Long time no see. Karen and I have wondered about you from time to time. How is everything?

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
Not too long ago my son used my 5x8 trailer, tore lights off etc..So Being a fairly smart guy I went bought some new lights, hooked up everything half the ;lights didn't work.. From the Jeep to the plug it has a good ground.. The ground under the trailer was OK?? But still nights.. Finally A got out my spools of wire and ran separate grounds to every light.. That solved my problem??? Looking at the back of the trailer the right side just is not as bright as it should be??

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
Dingdong

It has been a while. A lot has happened to me in the last few years. After the stroke I sold my bike ,I was never comfortable on it. I now have three disk in my neck that need to be fused tighter. Losing feeling in my arms. Left side still numb from the stroke.

But I refuse to give up I am making knives to stay busy.

Attachments

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has been a while. A lot has happened to me in the last few years. After the stroke I sold my bike ,I was never comfortable on it. I now have three disk in my neck that need to be fused tighter. Losing feeling in my arms. Left side still numb from the stroke.

But I refuse to give up I am making knives to stay busy.
Hey old buddy, good to hear from you.

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
I do miss the bike, but it was all the friends I don't see anymore that I miss the most.

·
Administrator
57,472 Posts
if you can figure out how to get there, please come to Eureka Springs come Friday, Sept 1st in a couple of weeks.

Motel 62 is our Headquarters

the campgrounds are up NE just about a mile on the left.

·
Administrator
24,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Do you still have the place at Calico Rock?

·
Premium Member
6,870 Posts
Calico Rock

Yes we do but are trying to sell. It has became to much work for me at this time in my life. We will sure miss it. The drive is getting harder to do each year. When I am there I spend most of my time working on the house. Have not fished in two years. Now that I got every thing like I want it to old to use it. All in all we love the place and don't want to sell. First picture creek in back yard, Second picture Drive way to the property, Third picture front yard.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.