Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,303 Posts
imported post

LED lights are great for being seen, I use them all the time, and they draw next to no power from the bike or generate any noticeable heat.
The drawback is they will not light up the road ahead of you at night very well at all. Very bright to be seen but pathetic at throwing that light ahead of you. For this reason I have two sets of driving lights, one for the daytime, and a second for night time riding.

Note that it is illegal to use both at the same time, only four white lights are permitted on a vehicle at one time on the roads.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

unionjk wrote:
LED lights are great for being seen, I use them all the time, and they draw next to no power from the bike or generate any noticeable heat.
The drawback is they will not light up the road ahead of you at night very well at all. Very bright to be seen but pathetic at throwing that light ahead of you. For this reason I have two sets of driving lights, one for the daytime, and a second for night time riding.

Note that it is illegal to use both at the same time, only four white lights are permitted on a vehicle at one time on the roads.
Ok, that is what I was looking for. I was wondering if led lights could be useful for extra lighting ahead of me.......

·
Senior Mem & Story Teller
3,498 Posts
imported post

LED headlights.... Well they are here and being used more and more.
I mounted a Hi-intensity LED in each front caster cover on my powerchair. Built a simple voltage regulator with clip leads to clip on one of the batteries and just added a remote micro switch under the control head for the chair.
When I used to go to Catholic Mass I parked myself and my chair in the the middle aisle of the church. The was where the priest said to sit. I had fun with him during his Homily. When he turned his head I would turn the lights on and when he turned the other way I would turn them off. Being he is African it was always neat to have him describe the lights being on then off. His natural ethnic hand jesters really added to the conversation.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

If you think led's cannot light up the road, you are mistaken. Check these out...

https://www.rigidindustries.com/

I have these...
on the

I am here to tell you, I had to be careful how to aim them so I could see what I wanted to see without blinding the oncoming...

These are a fantastic product. Great wiring harness, focus uptions (flood, hybrid, spot, diffused)...

Give them a look...

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts

·
Canada Bob
461 Posts
imported post

UBarW wrote:
If you think led's cannot light up the road, you are mistaken. Check these out...

I have these...
on the

I am here to tell you, I had to be careful how to aim them so I could see what I wanted to see without blinding the oncoming...

These are a fantastic product. Great wiring harness, focus uptions (flood, hybrid, spot, diffused)...

Give them a look...
So what do you use the Flood or the Spot?

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
imported post

I have one of the Trucklites in a flood and have experimented with it. I think that I would order the spots. I have heard of some guys that will use a flood on the right and a spot on the left. they illuminate the shoulder and ditch with the flood on the right and aim the left hand spot down the road just low enough to not blindoncomming traffic.

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

wcleafs2002 wrote:
UBarW wrote:

I have these...
on the

Give them a look...
So what do you use the Flood or the Spot?
I bought the hybrid flood. Since they sit tight to each other, I have them pointed outwards a bit, to minimize the overlap. The net affect is that an oncoming driver only gets one lite at a time. I have had them for several months, and not one complaint.

I have had, however, a number of folks comment on how visible they are... lolz

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

Looks like a good idea, have not seen them on a MC though.

·
Premium Member
2,642 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

UBarW wrote:

I have these...
on the

Give them a look...

Which ones are these Dick? There are several on their site, but they are quite expensive......

·
Deceased 1/2017
1,206 Posts
imported post

These are what I got for my trike and they do a real good job ) http://www.bikevis.com/motorcycle-cree-led-running-lights.html ). They light up a lot more than I was expecting and the install was easy as pie. Any installation manual that starts out:

Items needed for install
1. Cold beer, this should be sipped whilst reading these instructions and during the installation. Carlsberg works well, Real Ale works even better.
2. Various tools if any bodywork needs removing, but usually you won’t need to.

has to be easy to do:ROFL:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.