Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Anyone in the Phoenix AZarea who can help me replace head gaskets on my '86 SEI? I have limited abilities and will compensate for your time.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
imported post

pm azgl1500 he may have some ideas for you, sorry i can't help. good luck:action:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

I would be happy to help you out.. I am in Peoria, and only available on weekends.. I have only worked on 1100 so need the community to tell me if there is anything significantly different.

Barry

·
Administrator
1987 GL1200 Interstate
23,334 Posts
imported post

How are your tools? Do you have a book?

Why do you think the gaskets need replaced?

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

Bike...and Dennis wrote:
How are your tools? Do you have a book?

Why do you think the gaskets need replaced?
http://www.goldwingfacts.com/forums/forum1/55171.html

Bike overheats and bubbles into the overflow tank. I have been struggle with this for a year, probably doing the same wrong thing over and over. Since I have to be out of my house in two months, I have to fix it or give it away.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

do you have any oil in the antifreeze or any water in the oil?

·
Premium Member
9,790 Posts
imported post

Bschofield wrote:
I would be happy to help you out.. I am in Peoria, and only available on weekends.. I have only worked on 1100 so need the community to tell me if there is anything significantly different.

Barry
Kudos to Bschofield
for offering to help a fellow winger in need:clapper::cooldj::waving:

·
Premium Member
2,048 Posts
imported post

is your fan coming on? are the bubbles coming into the overflow all the time or just when it over heats? is it missing? you can give it to me i'll come and get i only live about 2 days away:D

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
imported post

I suggest the night before you start you spray every bolt, nut etc with penetrant as the small bolts holding the injector pipes, 2 bolts per cylinder, may break, if they do you will need them redrilled and tapped. Sorry can't help any more - unless you want to fly me over from the uK.

Another tip, it may help getting the injector ultrasonically cleaned while thy are off - small cost but great benefit

·
Administrator
Piaggio MP3, was 02 GL1800
61,674 Posts
imported post

Oh darn, hate to see that. But I myself can't help you either.

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

Darn. Wish I lived closer. He's givin it away!!

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
imported post

that or it went fast..
I went to the page. found it. sent email.. but i think someone beat me to it...LUCKY SOB...

fyi.. anyone else ever want to get rid of their wing, let me know!

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

It's gone. I don't feel that bad. I rode it 6 miles and the temp went to six bars. Nice guy in Gilbert took it. Now I can concentrate on other things.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.