Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
27,366 Posts

·
Pwhoever
3,292 Posts
I'm a fan of the Tackform mounts. They have worked out much better than the X-grip RAM holders. I almost lost my phone with the X-grips on more than one occasion. I rarely will utilize the phone as a phone, only for emergency purposes in case there's an issue at home with wife, daughter, or my young son. But it works well for GPS (Waze) as well as my mp3 player. I bought the standalone mount as I already had the mount from RAM but you can get the entire setup from them too. For some reason, they seem to be sold out of a lot of the options...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the ram mounts quick-grip universal phone mount with ball on a short arm on the clutch/brake mounting mounted on the left side

I use it every day iPhone SE is stable and does not move ( make sure you get the correct size for your phone ) I have also ran a charging cable down inside the handlebar cover to the auxiliary power socket mounted inside the left fairing pocket so I can keep it charged
Combined with a Bluetooth headset ( Cardo freecom ) I am able to receive calls and get audio directions from the navigation on my phone

·
Registered
810 Posts
I have the ram mount quick grip on my 1200. I love it. Right now I have it down low between the bars. But I do have an extra ball to put it up on the master cylinder.

I put a usb charger on my bike so I can keep my phone charged while using gps.

Crappy phone just for display.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts