Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

3861 - 3880 of 3953 Posts

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I'll get this Sunday if it does not rain. Not played out yet Dennis.

·
Premium Member
38,124 Posts
I know for you it's very simple to find a Bowling Alley, but here they were a hot fashion around the 70's, now almost disappeared, I was able to find one of the last ones.

If accepted I whish to see a bridge over water, double points if it's wooden, triple points if it's a roofed wooden bridge.
Good job on the bowling alley. We have three of them within 20 mile so I thought it would be an easy find. Left on vacation the day you post this and forgot about this thread...sorry. Have crossed several bridges with sand on this trip too,

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
I was fortunate enough that the annual Parke County Indiana Covered Bridge Festival was going on and I planned to ride up there and look around anyways. The first shot was taken in the little town of Bridgeton, IN. The old bridge is no longer being used for cars, but a tourist destination instead. The whole town is full of antiques, food, etc. You can see on the right the old mill that is still in operation. I guess that a million people come to Parke County every year.

Just for good measure I took a picture of another bridge just outside Rosedale, IN. I have more but don't need the points.

Most of these bridges are old enough that they are no longer being used, but there are still a few that are. For some reason some knuckleheads like to burn them down. I know of at least three up there that have been destroyed.

So I should be getting my triple points now. Next tag would be in front of a WalMart. For those overseas you can substitute a similar type of store. WallabyMart, PicadillyMart, whatever.

·
Administrator
22,058 Posts
I rode a few miles last Sunday to get gas and managed to get home without dropping the bike. Now plan on attending a meeting tomorrow morning and will take a camera. The long way home can get me near a Wal-Mart.

Funny, but just last night I looked at this thread and figured it was over. Again.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
You're one of America's true heroes Dennis. Ready to risk everything for the tag. Trump has now tweeted on it and we now stand for the Dennis flag. Or bike.

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
Weedoo2: :claps::claps:
greeat job on the bridge; you deserve more that 3 points for you fullfiled my desire to the maximun, I never had a change to see one in real. Many years ago I traveled (by car) from Los Angeles to Key West then back to Houston and all the way to Buenos Aires, and in no place I could see something of such beauty. Are they unique to your area?

Dennis: I'm glad to hear you're riding again, please keep on going.
:banana:

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
Weedoo2: :claps::claps:
greeat job on the bridge; you deserve more that 3 points for you fullfiled my desire to the maximun, I never had a change to see one in real. Many years ago I traveled (by car) from Los Angeles to Key West then back to Houston and all the way to Buenos Aires, and in no place I could see something of such beauty. Are they unique to your area?

Dennis: I'm glad to hear you're riding again, please keep on going.
:banana:
The covered bridges are beautiful, and it seems that all of them are in a picturesque setting as well. Parke County, just north of mine, was supposed to have the most of any county in the country but that may be folklore. A good number of them have been torched by idiots and lost forever. Very few now still carry traffic but they are fun to cross. The boards smack around and make noise and scare the pee wad out of you.

On a bike you pretty much have to go right down the center since the planks for car traffic are too uneven for a motorcycle. You can see them in this picture. Also, most of them around here have those curved trusses. Most have windows.

Fun stuff, but going the way of the phone booth, newspapers and the Harley-Davidson Motor Co.

·
Registered
249 Posts
store

Here you go, took my life in my hands going out amongst the snowbirds and the Friday traffic ! If accepted next mark is your bike with a police car. Double bonus if its lights are on, triple bonus if your in it.:rofl:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
38,124 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Decorated Xmas tree!

I'd like to see your bike with any holiday decoration. Any holiday, any size, any setting (yes, even bikes tucked in for a winter's nap can play!). Double points for a Santa. Triple points if Santa is alive (human, pet, salamander, etc). Infinite points if it's the REAL Santa sitting on your bike! If he's not on your bike, then only half infinite.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Santa has his sled on the lift for a summer overhaul. Decorations coming down all over the place.

Last Call for your bike and Holiday Decorations, I'll call a new mark after the first of the year if this mark goes unclaimed.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Just back from vacation in Idaho and saw the post. Not trying to win as the time line has passed but this is what I set up for the holiday around town rides.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
I like it!

Bike + Holiday Decoration.

If you change your mind and wish to submit the pic for consideration, I can pretty much gurentee acceptance!

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Go for it Golf!

3861 - 3880 of 3953 Posts