Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

81 - 100 of 3953 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
imported post

I finally slowed down long enough to find a mark and get it posted.

If you look close to the right of the brown building next to the white building way in the back are a line of airplanes. I had to zoom 800% but they are there.

For next mark how about a local post office building. showing town and zip code.

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Dag Nabbit! I read the new mark just as I was leavingto run a lunch-hourerrand to the post office. Figured I'd get an easy one.

BUT NOOO! They'repaintingthe front of the building, sothe signwith thezipcodehas been taken down!

Oh well, back to work...

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

OK, because you guys don't get to see nearly enough pictures of my pretty bike, here you go. :ROFL::ROFL:

and one more without my big head in front of the zip code. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Next mark, an antique car, 60's or before. Extra point for 30's or earlier and double extra point if the driver is in it. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Can I take pix of me, wing, and antique truck ( 1916 )??

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

C Trooper wrote:
Can I take pix of me, wing, and antique truck ( 1916 )??
Are you saying you have an 1916 truck yourself? If that's what you're saying I remember seeing any rules against it. :waving: I'll go reread the rules in case it's just a memory issue though. :ROFL: Either way I'd like to see your truck. :cheesygrin:

John

Edit - nope, nothing in the rules against it. ;)

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Jluvs2dive wrote:
OK, because you guys don't get to see nearly enough pictures of my pretty bike, here you go. :ROFL::ROFL:

and one more without my big head in front of the zip code. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Next mark, an antique car, 60's or before. Extra point for 30's or earlier and double extra point if the driver is in it. :waving:

John

Dang ... you stole my post office dude :ROFL:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

jpelmer wrote:
Dang ... you stole my post office dude :ROFL:
Well if you wouldn'thave been slackin' you could have beaten me there, maybe. :ROFL::ROFL:

John

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

It's all good. Hadn't been following this thread and just saw that nice bike sitting in front of my home town PO.

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

jpelmer wrote:
It's all good. Hadn't been following this thread and just saw that nice bike sitting in front of my home town PO.
I work in here in GH and have for 15 years. I live in Port Orchard. :) I'm pretty sure I've seen you around on your bike too. Would be happy to meet up sometime if you want to. :waving:

John

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

The car is a 1928 Marmon 4 dr Sedan....

The next mark isa Red/ WhiteBarber Pole

Attachments

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

Or if you like... a 1916 Republic truck, hand cranked, 3 speeds...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

WOW! And I thought I was Old School! :cheesygrin:

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

Well since you haven't seen enough of my beautiful ride yet, here's another, with a barber pole, two actually, one on the sign and one just to the right of the window, the modern real one. Funny thing is, when I saw what the mark was I thought, piece of cake. I have one of those in the building complex where I work, a real one, antique even, but I went to get the picture and it's gone!! I don't know if it got vandalized or what, but it's no longer there, and it was replaced with a modern electronic barber pole sign, so I passed on it and went on a 2 hour ride, looking for one but mostly just decompressing from a hectic week. :action:

BTW, very nice C Trooper!! :applause: I'd like to see more of them!

Next mark, it's the weekend so let's make it a little tougher. How about an old school fuel pump. Extra points for one of the much older round ones, but one that has rotating numbers instead of electronic displays will qualify. :waving: Quadruple points if you can include an antique car or motorcycle in the picture. :cheesygrin:

John

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Lol John, I scoped out that very same barber pole (there's one at the other end of town too) but it had blue on it too so I wasn't sure if it would qualify so I kept looking. I should have tried it anyway. I'll get one yet! The fun is in the hunt though...

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

dang this looks like fun!! I just found this thread...

Time to get SNOWBALL involved.. well until the snow starts to fall:action:

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

If this is ok.

Next mark... Boat ramp extra points if somebody launching a boat... Double extra points if girl in bikini in backround:badgrin:

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
imported post

I call a technical foulon the photo....:sadguy:

8. The picture of the mark should be a new picture taken just for the Scavenger Hunt after the mark is called.

The submitted pix shows a time stamp from 2004...

81 - 100 of 3953 Posts