Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

121 - 140 of 3953 Posts

·
Senior Something
13,270 Posts
imported post

You can see this one from a house I am trying to get in Palmdale CA,
It's 500 miles away and I haven't heard if they took my bid yet.
This one is big.

I know where an old water pump mill is here, but the bike is needing a regulator or a rectifier.

Wind turbine on Lake Palmdale. The 318 foot turbine powers the district's Lake Palmdale water-treatment plant and can produce up to 950kw of electricity. Palmdale, Los Angeles County, California, USA

Attachments

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

That thing is huge! I wonder how much noise it makes.

·
Bringer of Shenanigans
1,031 Posts
imported post

Actually, it makes very little noise. And that is a small one compared to some about 40 miles north of there. I drive by them all of the time.

·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
imported post

Mike Mike Mike, you should have known Bro! Of course I knew. ;)

Alright you slackers, making me do it again. :D:D Here you go.

Next mark, a City Hall. Bonus if there is a police car in the picture, double point bonus if you and an police officer are in the picture together too. :cheesygrin: Qudruple bonus if he's cuffing you at the time. :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

John

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Dang! I forgot about that one. I don't drive that way much since I was laid off. I was on the bike when you called but thanks for the invite. I'll get one, I'll get one...

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

misteraubrey wrote:
Dang! I forgot about that one. I don't drive that way much since I was laid off. I was on the bike when you called but thanks for the invite. I'll get one, I'll get one...
:D:DI tried to help ya! :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Ok, I was able to slip back out and got this one. Had a hard time getting everything in without traffic going by but I was able to get the city hall and a police car at least.

Next mark is a fish. Be creative. It can be a real fish, a statue containing a fish, a mural containing a fish or even a sign with a fish on it. I know you guys are creative. This is fun!

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

I know where there is one within 10 miles. Now if I wasn't so darn busy I'd ride over there and grab a shot of it!

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

superzimm wrote:
I know where there is one within 10 miles. Now if I wasn't so darn busy I'd ride over there and grab a shot of it!
Tell the boss you need a therapy ride! :action:;)

Well done Mike! Man I forgot how pretty that bike was! That thing is way too clean for this time of year. lol

John

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
imported post

Lol, love that pic Foody. John, I had just wiped it down after coming back from a short ride right before I saw the mark you posted and headed back out. It's not really that clean but thanks, I think she's pretty too.

·
Just one of the guys
4,793 Posts
imported post

There are 4 windmills withing a mile of my house, the old time dutch style ones but I did not get a chance to get out for the pic, I am now about 200 plus mies from home for a few days so I won't be able to attempt any marks any time soon.

·
Premium Member
109 Posts
imported post

Love the fish, foodman! Great shot.
And John, it's not just the boss that I need to appease. Teen daughter and my 92 year dad as well. He's been sick and I'm his wheels all the time. Even had him on my bike a few times this summer for short jaunts. Back in the day (1940's) he had a HD and an early Indian. Wish he woulda hung onto those!

·
12,840 Posts
imported post

superzimm wrote:
And John, it's not just the boss that I need to appease. Teen daughter and my 92 year dad as well. He's been sick and I'm his wheels all the time. Even had him on my bike a few times this summer for short jaunts. Back in the day (1940's) he had a HD and an early Indian. Wish he woulda hung onto those!
Yeah I understand, been there done that. My mom lived with us for several years before she passed on in Feb 2010, 2 days before her 89th birthday. My youngest is almost 20 so that part is done too for us. I get an hour for lunch and that's how I've gotten several of these marks including today.

Now, I have two pictures I took on the way home that will satisfy the current mark, should I or should I let someone else get it for a change. :ROFL: I didn't get the shot I wanted though. The salmon are running currently and I was hoping to either get a picture of one on a stringer of one of the fisherman on the waterfront or of the salmon in one of the local streams, but was unable to get either shot. The fisherman were not having any luck this evening and I couldn't get my bike positioned where I could get it and the stream in the same picture, so my shots are of less interesting fish, but not bad. :)

John

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Nice shot FoodMan! Obviously a Rock Bass! :cheesygrin:

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
imported post

Ok, I got this one.

A public sculpture in Tampa called "Fish on Bayshore".

That leads me to the next Mark,a Public Sculpture.

Bonus points forWeird.

Two examples from Tampawouldbe:

1. The fish above.

2. The Exploding Chicken.

Good hunting.

Peter

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

Ahhh! 50 minutes late. This is an icon in the Buckhead area of Atlanta.

Gonna go look for a "weird public sculpture" :action:

121 - 140 of 3953 Posts