Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've been trying to upload a small picture of my bike for my signature ever since I joined the list and am unable to get it to 9 KB. No matter what I do to resize in Photoshop, the smallest I've been able to make my images is 14kb. That image is 1/2"x1/3" and is saved at the lowest compression possible. It's so small, you can't even tell it's a picture of a bike...and is so blurry from high compression, it's worthless. I teach digital photography and am totally stumped be this. I could send it as B&W and reduce the file size dramatically but everyone else has had success with color. Any tips?

Thanks,
Curt

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
imported post

You can take your photo into the Paint accessory and use the attributes to size the pic down to where you can post it. It took me some experimenting but it works fine. You might use the search function on this board to look for posts that pertain to this problem

Regards,

Hobie

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
imported post

Curt, just e-mail it to the wingnut, he probably won't see you r post here becuase he only looks in a couple of times a week.

This is from the FAQ section;

"...If you havea favouriteimagethat you really want to use as an avatarbut don't know how to reduce the size to within the limits allowed, just e-mail[email protected] and arrange to send the image to me (in Jpeg, Jpg, Gif or Bmp format) and I will resize it and mail it back to you so that you can upload it yourself.
..."

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Curt Miller wrote:
I've been trying to upload a small picture of my bike for my signature ever since I joined the list and am unable to get it to 9 KB. No matter what I do to resize in Photoshop, the smallest I've been able to make my images is 14kb. That image is 1/2"x1/3" and is saved at the lowest compression possible. It's so small, you can't even tell it's a picture of a bike...and is so blurry from high compression, it's worthless. I teach digital photography and am totally stumped be this. I could send it as B&W and reduce the file size dramatically but everyone else has had success with color. Any tips?

Thanks,
Curt
Curt go to:

http://www.irfanview.com

Download their free program Irfanview. It will reduce your pictures down to any size you want and does it with a lot less distortion than most. This program was recommended by Rudy from Atlanta some time ago on the forum. I use it and like it.

·
Premium Member
1,185 Posts
imported post

I had the same problem with Photoshop until I used the "Save For Web". This reduced the final file size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.