1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Folks

http://www.bikem8.com/

Came across this today, :shock: has anyone ever used this product? Its hard to believe its claims, anyone know anything about the technology behind this? Would this be classed as perverting the course of justice an all that....

Thanks

BB

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

It sounds like and reads like one of the ebay scams.... ,,,,,I would not trust it as far as I could throw it ,you send off your money and get nothing for it ,,,,,Ciaran :waving:

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It was [allegedly]featured in MCN , would be interesting to read the article. and would spraying it on your face reduce the risk of being recognisedin the incriminating xmas office party photo's.:D:D

BB

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have seen the spray advertised elsewhere ,,but the other device ,sat tracking of speed cameras ,,sounds fishy,,,but ya never know ........I might try the spray next time I am robbing a bank ..:D:DCiaran

·
Banned
596 Posts
imported post

Might work if it left a wrinkly finish that scattered the light. Love the false advertising "use it to avoid roadway cameras" then says "for off road use only."

Grandfather made the police angry by connecting the high tension lead of the ignition coil to teh front license plate to mess up the early radar sets.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
imported post

heard about the spray before, and yes it is illegal to use it, as is any other method of 'perverting the course of justice'

sat tracking of speed cameras has been in use for some time on some satnav programs, users let the servers know where the cameras are then it hotspots them on the map.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Yeah, this stuff has been doing the rounds for a long time. :gunhead: It is illegal to use on the public roads. :whip: Thats the reason the conditions of sale are displayed so prominently, :crying:in the event of being caught you wont have anychance of suing the maker. :whip:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

LOLOL!! Take one look at my wing, that rolling jukebox does not need a plate to uniquely identify it!! I need a paint to make me INVISIBLE!!!

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

You would have to check the law as to the legality of this product in your location. The law in this country (NZ) is that you are not allowed to obscure the licence plate. How you interpret this is anyones guess.

These products work by putting a reflective coat on the plate that reflects cetain colours in the spectrum. Once again this product may only work in certain countries dependant on the flash colour the local cops use.

Andrew

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Most strobe flashes tend toward white light, pretty high Kelvin numbers. If it blocks white light seems it ought to distort things so much you couldn't make it out with the naked eye. I believe the Latin term for this is "taurus feces". They sell crap like that that's supposed to make it impossible to use a laser speed gun on a car too. Do they offer to pay for any tickets the stuff fails to protect from? I have a device I will be glad to sell you guys, it's a 'temporal anticipator flasher'. It looks moments ahead into the future and flashes a powerful light just a micro second before the camera shutter opens thereby washing out the picture while simultaneously projecting a picture of Mickey Mouse into the traffic camera. It's commonly believed that Disney Corp. can afford to pay for all traffic tickets.

:cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

It works by defeating the retroreflective properties of your licenseplate. If you take a flashlight and point it at a mirror, what happens? The light reflects at an inverse angle to that which it comes in. (10 degrees in, 170 degrees out) A retroreflective coating, like that on your plates, and on road signs has a surface coating that reflects light at the same ange in which it arrives, along with every otherangle.It does this by having a reflective coating that is roughly akin to sand. There are a nearly infinite number of angles available on the surface to reflect the incoming light.

Police use this to focus LIDAR guns on speeding vehicles. For LIDAR to work, there needs to be a reflection back to the gun. If the laser is reflected away, then the gun cannot get a reading. Speed cameras take the snapshot, and also rely on the retroreflective coverings to cut the glare from the flash of the camera.

·
Premium Member
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Thanks for the info Guys!

AfterI got married I threw away all my encyclopedias when I discoveredmy wife knew everything......:D:D:D

:weightlifter:You Guys are the best!:weightlifter:

BB

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Black Bart wrote:
Thanks for the info Guys!

AfterI got married I threw away all my encyclopedias when I discoveredmy wife knew everything......:D:D:D

:weightlifter:You Guys are the best!:weightlifter:

BB
Mine may not know everything, but she forgets NOTHING. She can remember faux pas I committed 35 years ago.

·
Premium Member
182 Posts
imported post

This stuff or something like it wa mentioned in the press lately. The manufacturer/seller based in the UK stated that he was going to be at the RDS in Mar and was going to be selling it off his stand. He also stated that they have seen an increase in orders for this stuff to Ireland. The same article then quoted a spokesperson for the Gardai saying that anyone "caught" using this stuff would be prosecuted as it is an offence to tamper with your number plate to avoid speed camera detection. Best save your money for shiney bits for the wing and use common sense when it comes to speeding :):):):)

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
imported post

hi all

i think its great having a wealth of tech knowledge at our disposal:D but,i have found the difinitive answer to your speed camera problems and the device features on al goldwings . the big round dial with all the numbers in mph/ kph just keep within the limits on the signs and you will be grand:p (check the signs , check your speed).Eric

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

Or better still set your cruise control at the legal speed limit for the type of road your on and forget about these god damn gadgets. :whip: Always remember what we Irish wing riders promote, Road Safety, :clapper:Courtesy, :clapper:and consideration for other road users. :clapper:

:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

One nice thing about this stuff is that after all the claims, they basically say it won't work!

SALE CONDITIONS FOR PHOTOBLOCKER PRODUCT
The product is for off road use only and is of novelty value only. It may be illegal to use this product on the road.
This product is excluded from any 12 month manufacturer warranty.
Upon purchasing this product, the customer becomes responsible for any legal implications as a result of the use or misuse of this product.
There is no guarantee that this product will stop you getting a speeding ticket

So what is the stuff good for?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.