Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2009 scooter, a 250cc MP3 with about 2,000 km on the odometer.
AFIK, it has never been serviced, and tonight I got to wondering what I need to check on and take care of?

The brakes are flawless, so does the brake fluids need to be flushed....
per the manual, yes, every 2 years.

Anti-freeze:
manual seems to think it is PERMANENT

I have never checked anything on this since I bought it 2 years ago, it always starts, which I discovered tonight is because it is Fuel Injected :giggle:

The amount of fluids this thing needs is so minuscule, it would be easy to over fill, or under fill.
I need a lift table for it, but alas, I don't have one.

Viewing the above, it would seem that Vespa has been in the forefront of using Synthetic fluids for a long time.

the air filter is a sponge, wash it clean, use 50% petrol and 50% 4T oil ( 5w40 Synthetic )
let it drip 'dry' and put it back in.

Today, my order for WD-White Lithium Spray Grease arrived.
it did wonders for the water faucet out by the highway, one of those Farm style with a vertical shaft plunger to the valve 2 feet below ground.

seems like it will be perfect for brake levers for this scoot and my gl1800.

any thoughts on taking care of this thing?

·
Registered
298 Posts
When they say permanent for antifeeze they mean all year round, still need refreshing every 2-3 years using quality glycol type as the anti corrosion additive wears out, careful on mix as if you go more than 60% glycol the freeze point starts coming back up, also mix with distilled water not tap water.

Hope that helps

·
Administrator
25,551 Posts
If you change the coolant pay special attention to the type, not just any coolant. Monoethylene glycol it says. Maybe that means just ethylene glycol in english.

·
Administrator
58,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you change the coolant pay special attention to the type, not just any coolant. Monoethylene glycol it says. Maybe that means just ethylene glycol in english.
yeah,
I saw that, and thought it would be best to make sure to get the same type coolant, that is premixed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts