Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hey it's my new girl, I didn't get the trailer just the bike.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That's a sweet bike Goldwinger, but why not the nice looking trailer to match:baffled:

Pete

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Thanks Pete, Mostly $4,000.00 more, and with the new garage soon to start construction money was getting a little tight.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Ouch!! That sounds steep, unless it was brand new perhaps:baffled:

Garage is definately more important, got to keep the new addition warm and dry. Trailer can always come later.

My Canadian edition Saphire Blue 1500 would look the business cruising down the highway with yours alongside it. Shame about the rather long deep pond between us.:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Best looking member
3,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Damn continental drift!!!!:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

They sell a "Canadian  Edition" in Britain /forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif?  Really !!!                     What makes it Canadian ?  Is it politically conservative ? Does it have a maple leaf flag on the top box ??   Does it handle better in deep snow/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif?   Was it once ridden by a Mountie ?  Does it say "Eh?" when you start it up, eh /forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif?                     ... and how did you get it over there ?? SilverDave /forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

Imported by Wheels International at new. One previous UK owner. "Canadian edition" imprinted into seat, mapel leaf keys. Turning lights and electrics set up for accessories ( unlike UK bikes) and it drives much better on the right hand side of the road, excellent for overtaking manouvers!!:goofygrin:Unusual colour, not seen over here. Snow plow attatchment fitted. Boy scout style hat and scarlett jacket optional and I haven't heard it say Eh? as yet, but I seem to say that quite a lot now, especially when Helen the Viking asks me to do some work around the house!!

Only downside is clock is in KPH and that means about as much to me as Japaneese!!!

Pete

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
They sell a "Canadian Edition" in Britain /forums/images/emoticons/big_grin.gif? Really !!! What makes it Canadian ? Is it politically conservative ? Does it have a maple leaf flag on the top box ?? Does it handle better in deep snow/forums/images/emoticons/shock.gif? Was it once ridden by a Mountie ? Does it say "Eh?" when you start it up, eh /forums/images/emoticons/cool.gif? ... and how did you get it over there ??SilverDave/forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif
It came with a "Celine Dion" CD and a "Moose alert" !!!!:baffled::goofygrin:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

That was one nice feature on the 1986 SEI, push a button and the whole digital display went from English to Metric, speedo, odometer,fuel remaining,even the gear position indicator.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

That is one beautiful Bike!!!!

I'm not a "Green Fan" but it looks really good on thet Bike!

"Kermit" would be proud!!:clapper:

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

Pete

My understanding about Canadian edition bikes is that they limit horsepower. The max horsepower allowed on a bike is 140bhp.

My brother went to pick up a new Hyabusa and discovered it was a part of a cancelled order for Canada and was horse power restricted (chipped) He bought the Kiwi one instead.

This obviously is not an issue for a Goldwing but if you are looking at a Sports bike beware.

Perhaps our Canadian friends could confirm my statements or correct as appropriate. All this info comes 2nd hand to me.

Andrew

·
Premium Member
3,777 Posts
imported post

Nice looking Wing indeed.... Enjoy before the snow starts. :gunhead:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Shooter wrote:
Nice looking Wing indeed.... Enjoy before the snow starts. :gunhead:
That's when he trades the front tire for a "Ski"!:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

Congrats Great looking bike I know had a 97 same color yes its rare but beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful

Slink:jumper::jumper::jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Sir Slink wrote:
Congrats Great looking bike I know had a 97 same color yes its rare but beauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutiful

Plus with "Green" you can hide from the "Deer's" !

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

Hey wingdog I know where pahrump is, been there retired out of Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow. This is back in 83.

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Sir Slink wrote:
Hey wingdog I know where pahrump is, been there retired out of Marine Corps Logistics Base Barstow. This is back in 83.

It's still here, just a "Desert"But I like it!

I also use to live in Yucca valley up by 29 Palms, you've probably been there as a "Marine"!

I've been through MO alot of times,not sure where your town is? built a Gym once in "Blue Springs" for the KC Chiefs, years ago,nice town!

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
imported post

wingdawg, i'm about 25 miles sw of there. I used to have a house in blue springs. Had my shop in blue springs also. Where was the GYm ? North of 70 HYw on 7 Hyw?

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey greenwinger * / ! oh i mean goldwinger :waving:Congrats on your new :15green: Have many safe and long (s)miles. :clapper:

:leprechaun::18red::leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
imported post

:toast:Congrats ,she's beautiful.This winter you can get a pack of 2-4 and sit around and polish the away the winter time blues

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.