Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Yesterday I'm on the freeway on ramp from 163 to 8, and a small moth lands on my CB radio, behind the windshield. Stayed with me for 18 miles at 70 mph. All I could hear was weeeeee!!!!!. :cheeky1:Faster, faster. :whip: Even the insects find the Goldwing comfortable.

The good news was my wife wasn't jealous of me picking up a strange?????. I asked her if I see a 25 year old female, can I offer her a ride. She said only if I would prefer to sleep outside for the rest of my life. Nah, don't like camping that much.

Jerry

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

The poor moth had a long journey back home afterwards. He probably prefferred the Goldwing screen as he could see when he got to his destination and get off much easier than from an automobile. :D

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

He must be feeling really lucky that he didn't go, "SPLAT!"

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:
Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato Potato
You coulda finished the last line!

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
imported post

rcmatt007 wrote:
Paul Barnes wrote:
Or land on a Harley and get vibrated to death:cheeky1:
watch it... my wife loves the vibration on the bike of my harley and she smiles all the way home
I did wonder why on Harleys the best looking women are seen. ;)

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

You have not seen my wife.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Brojees wrote:

Enough Harley bashing already!

I like my Old Harley more than the new Wings!:18red:

But it's a toss up when it comes to Old Yeller!:1000yellow:

Can't we all be freinds, & ride our motorcycles together?:baffled:

:jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper::cheeky1::jumper:

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

:cool: This all started with a moth that decided to land on my bike. Don't take the Harley jokes seriously. They're all in good fun, but I agree, we don't need to bash other bikes. No matter what, they're allable to put a smile on our face. Hell, even my old Suzuki 90 with the dual range transmission gave me endless pleasure.

Enjoy the ride. :waving:

Jerry.

PS A moth is one thing, but you know your bike is smooth if a bird lands on it and stays.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Hey Frenchy, it's a GOLDWING site! A little funning with Harley Davidson really isn't denigrating them or their owners. There's always been a bit of stereotyping about bike owners as there is with cars,

Harley Davidson owners - Lawyers and Yuppies trying to be bad.

Goldwing owners - Old guys that have to have all the gadgets.

BMW owners - Snobs who know which color wine goes with quiche.

Honda 50 owners - Old guys living on rocky islands in the Atlantic.

Sure we can all be friends and ride together, but poking a little fun doesn't hurt either!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

I know it's all in good fun.:goofygrin:

I just thought I'd bring everybody back to center for a breif moment.:shock:

Ride On.....

P. S. I'm not a Lawyer or a Yuppie (just so ya know), just always liked LARGE DRESSED BIKES :jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

LOLOL!!! I ride one of two Gold Wings in a CMA chapter that is full of
Harleys and Honleys, (Shadows and the like!). Sometimes I come here to
seek relief from all the ribbing the potato mashers give
us!! Show me some slack!

And what is the funniest of all?

My preferred bike is MOTO GUZZI!! I love my Wing and I love my wife, but if I did not have a wife, I would not have a Wing!

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
imported post

Moto Guzzi is one of the few brands I haven't owned. They're a very impressive looking machine! I grew up in San Diego, Cal. & saw them everywhere. I've been back east (north to south) since the 70's, & have only seen a couple. :(I remember when I lived out there, the only bikes the CHP would run were Harleys, BMW's, & Moto Guzzi's (the wing had just come out).

But I'd give it all up for a Honda 50..............:goofygrin:

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

My favourite dealer knew how to win me over. He tossed me the keys to
his personal machine and said, "Come back when you have found
religion". The hardest part was coming back, I just had to find
one more twisty road to straighten out!!

Then his mechanic let me stick around in the shop and watch how easy they are to maintain.

That forced me to sit down and carefully weigh the advantages and
disadvantages of my beloved Saorise. Bottom line, she wins on rider
comfort.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

California must specialize in those yellow gutted bugs, I picked up a bunch of them passing through. It must have made a real thump when that tiny golden eagle hit the windshield!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

Hey, Brojees,

It might just be me but I like the looks of the new "Moto Guzzi Griso" [email protected]'s (depending on which mag)6 speed and wild looking! Don't care for the exhaust?!

Getting parts is another story ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.