Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just got back from picking up my bike!
Here's a couple of shots from my cell phone.

Had some stumbling on acceleration for the first 10-20 minutes, but that seems to be getting better. The pipes are a little louder than I care for, but I can live with it. Think I need to check the steering head bearings, it seems that something is not right there... Other than that, I rode this 190 miles with no problems and I think I'm going to love this bike!

Doug

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

:waving:Hello and Welcome Outlaw . Thats a great bike . The pinstiping give the wineberry a little " Pop" without going over the edge of to much . I wish you many many miles of smiles as you enjoy the bike . Visit often with us .

As to the stumble , you might try to add a can of " Sea Foam " to the fuel .

·
Premium Member
1,653 Posts
imported post

Congratulations. That is a good looking ride.

What year?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
imported post

Nice, I like that color on that model GoldWing. Im sure you love the ride once ou get it the way you want it.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

It's an 89. Previous owner bought a 2003, and it sat for almost a year under a cover in his garage. I'm guessing it got a little gummed up. But the more I rode it today, the better it seemed to get. Still think it's running a little rough, but time will tell. I'm going to wait for a little while before I go digging into the carbs.

I'm getting ready to go to Muncie, IN tomorrow with it. Will be camping there for about a week. Going to an event for my other hobby that lasts until next Sunday. Will be flying remote control helicopters, and when I'm not doing that I'll be looking for excuses to run an errand here or there on the bike! I even talked my sister into driving my pickup for me so I could take the bike!

Doug

·
Vintage Rider
2,410 Posts
imported post

Nice. Are the pipes stock? If not you might want to go back to stock. I know I would want stock. It sure is a beauty. If it was in AZ, that Wineberry would be a spotted pink, the plastic would all be cracked, the seat would be ruined, and all the textured plastic would be gray and/or brown, and scraping it with your fingernail would leave white scratches in it. The windshield would have already started to crystalize and turn to dust. Must be nice to live somewhere that kind of thing doesn't happen. Congrats on the new to you bike. Enjoy it.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
imported post

Outlaw nice looking bike the wineberry colors are my favorite hope you enjoy it for a long time.

·
Premium Member
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

It's definitely not that dry here. But, this bike spent most of it's life in the previous owners garage under a cover when he wasn't riding it. He was pretty meticulous about maintenance. Put a new windshield on it before I bought it. He also included a set of brand new tires (not mounted, but hey... New tires!) He had the timing belt replaced and changed oil, brake fluid, replaced the oil in the rear end etc etc... forget everything he did. Paint is near perfect.

I agree with you on the pipes, and I think they may be contributing to the stumbling problem. It also has a K&N air filter on it. The previous owner also included a new stock air filter. So, the end result here is that it sounds like a Gold Wing with an attitude. Accelerates like one too. But, then again the only other Gold Wing I've ever ridden was a GL1200. That was 20 + years ago, but I don't remember it accelerating like this one....

·
Premium Member
2,076 Posts
imported post

Hi Outlaw try running a can of Seafoam through it and see if that helps with it being sat for a while . And welcome from my part of Illinois .

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Nice ride:action::action::action:, the pipes look like Torque Masters ??? Try some HD pipes, quiet & not much $$$$

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

That is one beautiful bike. The pinstriping really sets off the paint. As others have mentioned, run some sea foam through it and should help some. Though the 88 and 89's had an issue with a slight hesitation problem. If the sea foam does not help, you might want to look into changing the trigger wheel out to a 4 degree trigger wheel ( I think that is the correct wheel.)

As to the pipes, they are definitely not stock pipes if they are loud. The 89 stock pipes just purrr and are hardly noticable.

All in all, a beautiful bike and I think you will love it.

Ohhh and welcome to the board. :cheesygrin::waving:

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Outlaw. Great looking bike. When you start doing your ownmaintenance and repairs be very careful when removing the plactic parts. They all have hidden screwsand small tabs that will break very easily. I have an 88 and the PO was not very gentle with them. Other than that they are great bikes that love to be ridden, so Ride and Enjoy!!!!!:action::action::action:

PS: Welcome to the Family.

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
imported post

Outlaw,

Very nice looking bike. Enjoy your camping trip and remote control helicopter flight. Hope the weather holds out for you and the trip on the bike goes good.

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
imported post

Not much to add, but I agree with the effect of the pinstriping. My first Aspencade (1100) was Wineberry, so I have a bit of a softspot for that colour.

If the engine is running a bit better every time then some Seafoam just might move things on a bit more quickly.

Regards, and welcome,

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
imported post

Sweet ride ... welcome to the friendliest, most knowledgeable forum on the net (personally I lack the knowledge, but these guys are great)

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
imported post

She's a beauty. Congrats!!

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

Great looking bike. A real nice find. :claps:

·