Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

WOW That is awesume info!! Luckily I have YET to dump my GW (hope it never happens), but that is great info and very discriptive....

Thanx again

Digger:waving:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

I have used this technique 3 times. Once after being rear-ended, and twice when my legs slipped out from under me. (Oil spot in a Harley Davidson parking lot, I kid you not, and gravel) Works good!

·
Premium Member
3,938 Posts
imported post

It works , just hope you dropped it on it's right side other wise you have no "Side Stand" once you get it to "Verticle", uh oh!:baffled:

·
Still a winger at heart.
20,868 Posts
imported post

Thats interesting indeed. I managed to lay my 1100 on its side at a gas station. I got my leg hung up on the drivers backrest (I usually swing it all the way over the top since I am tall enough to do this) but my other leg slipped and that was that. The crash bars kept it a long ways from down.

I am 6'1", 230 pounds. Its was pretty easy to lift up, but some day I hope to have a fulldresser that wont be quite as light as bargoyle is.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

That was a good report and reminded me of a couple of good points, especially the bit about putting the side stand out before lifting, it would be just my luck to forget and end up doing the job twice, once from each side!!

I am keeping my fingers crossed that this info will be just that, info, and that I won't have to use it, but I suspect that the "falling over fairy", will pounce at the most embarrasing moment and at least i stand a chance of impressing the inevitable onlookers with my skill at raising the old girl onto her feet again!!

Pete

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Hey 02Gold :waving:Welcome to the best Goldwing Forum on the net. :clapper:
:leprechaun: :18red: :leprechaun:

·
Premium Member
4,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Share the info my friends. Life is good.

Hobie:waving:

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI Hobie,very good info on picking up bike,:weightlifter:but does not apply to me,iam unfortunate to have to ride a trike:(still suppose must count myself lucky to still be riding at least the front bit is a 1200 aspencadeso on the straight roads it still feels like two wheels.once again congrats on a very good & useful piece of information.bikerfred

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
bikerfred wrote:
HI Hobie,very good info on picking up bike,
Hey bikerfred :stumped: What about my info :stumped:
Your info URL didn't work here, just got the HTML source code.

Bikerfred, if you have to right your trike it's going to be a lot harder.

As for the butt first information I've had the opportunity to test it out on both the 1200 and 1500. It works well. Someday I will look where I put my foot down and then I can quit practicing the maneuver. I've tried the 'oil on the ground' thing, the 'sand and gravel' thing and the 'kickstand sank into the asphalt thing'. Not to mention the 'drive it into the garage and kick down the stand while getting off, I'm so cool while I watch the stand fold back in' thing too. All this and I've only put 20,000 miles on a Wing so far. Oh well, so far the the only damage has been a couple small scratches on the outboard bottom of the mirrors. Yeah had to try both directions, dropping it to the right is better, you have the safety of the kick stand to catch it. I haven't managed to dump it to the right while lifting it up from a left drop yet.

:whip:But with my luck I probably will.:whip:

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Redwing wrote:
bikerfred wrote:
HI Hobie,very good info on picking up bike,
Hey bikerfred :stumped: What about my info :stumped:
Your info URL didn't work here, just got the HTML source code.

Bikerfred, if you have to right your trike it's going to be a lot harder.

As for the butt first information I've had the opportunity to test it out on both the 1200 and 1500. It works well. Someday I will look where I put my foot down and then I can quit practicing the maneuver. I've tried the 'oil on the ground' thing, the 'sand and gravel' thing and the 'kickstand sank into the asphalt thing'. Not to mention the 'drive it into the garage and kick down the stand while getting off, I'm so cool while I watch the stand fold back in' thing too. All this and I've only put 20,000 miles on a Wing so far. Oh well, so far the the only damage has been a couple small scratches on the outboard bottom of the mirrors. Yeah had to try both directions, dropping it to the right is better, you have the safety of the kick stand to catch it. I haven't managed to dump it to the right while lifting it up from a left drop yet.

:whip:But with my luck I probably will.:whip:
this sounds like a song!

"You put yer left foot in, you put yer left foot out,

do the oke koki and turn around"

I'm sure you all know the words better than me, but you get the idea :goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI,Redwing i am sure your info was excellent:clapper: unfotunatly i could not access it on my computor :baffled:still never mind all info on this forum i am sure is always useful.bikerfred

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts
imported post

bikerfred wrote:
HI,Redwing i am sure your info was excellent:clapper: unfotunatly i could not access it on my computor :baffled:still never mind all info on this forum i am sure is always useful.bikerfred
Don't worry Bikerfred, you aren't the only one who got nothing on tryin to access Redwing's link, I got nothing, they have moved it, and apparently forgotten to tell Redwing.:goofygrin::goofygrin:

Anyway, the only time you are going to need to use the info is if you overdo it on the wheelies you pull, unless of couse you tend to take corners at 100mph+.:goofygrin::goofygrin::goofygrin:

Pete

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI Exavid,as you rightly say it would be alot harder to get my trike right side up,hope the occasionnever arises,bikerfred

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
imported post

HI Pete to old to do wheelies,anyway its against the law,and i am a very law abiding person.:grinner:as for 100mph i am frightend to go over the speed limit now since mt last encounter with a speed camara.:Xbikerfred

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.