Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all

Its me again annoying you ,,I am organising a picnic run to the giants causeway in Co Antrim from Dublin and any other part of the country that you want to come from ,,,for sunday 15th aug

Leaving the RED COW HOTEL at 9.30 am sharp ,,and when I say sharp I mean sharp
,stopping at the carrigdale hotel in Dundalk at 11.o clock for a smoke break and then travelling via Newry,then reaching the Lisburn roundabout at approx 12.15 turning left on the M1 west and heading in the direction of Lurgan and then heading north on the A26 for Antrim ,,passing Antrim at approx 1.00 clock continuing onthe A26 for ballymena and then on the M2 for ballymoney,turning right heading for bushmills and into the giants causeway,,,BRING YOUR PICNIC WITH YOU ,,we will stop here for as long as it takes to see the causeway and eat your sambos (1 1/2 hrs) depending on the sambos ..we leave there and head north east for ballycastle and back to newry Via Belfast ...This is a beautiful run ,Myself and Mick Skerrit did it today and the roads are excellent and the scenery is awesome,,it is a 350 mile round trip ,,all enquiries ring me ..086 8113750..there will beshort stops for the smokers ,,
..Make sure your bike is full of petrolbefore leaving Dublin and bring about £20 sterling for your petrol and car park,,see you all then Cheers Ciaran ..ps EVERYBODY FROM EVERY PART OF THE COUNTRY IS WELCOME ..AS Long as you can ride a motorcycle:)
:)

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Hi Kieran

Just got set up for internet had major problems with PC

anyway looking forward to foreign trip to causway ha ha.

brilliant day out to Killaloe.:dude:

rgds//Tom/Trish

PS Casey says Hi.

now redwing can you read that ....ciaran .:):):)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

top cat wrote:
Hi Kieran

rgds//Tom/Trish

PS Casey says Hi.
Your very welcome to the board Top Cat. Try and make your print a wee bit bigger. I had to run for the magnifying glass to read your post. Most of us fellows who use this board are very old ! ! ! ! ! and feeble.Dont forget your passport for this foreign trip. :cool: ;) :)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

you are more than welcome,I am glad everybody had a good day out ion the nenagh /lake run,,most important for the giants causeway run ..bring the sambos and the tea ...its a picnic run ...cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

top cat wrote:
Hi Kieran

rgds//Tom/Trish

PS Casey says Hi.

now redwing can you read that ....ciaran .:):):)
Oh! oh! thank you very very much. Thats a lot easier onmy old eyes. It's great all the help thats given to us old age pensioners on this board. Now where did I put the key of my baby. :?

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Hey Redwing ,you must be getting really old ,,the wing in your picture is not red ,,,You can borrow my glasses and zimmer frame for the next run ,Ciaran

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

:DHi Ciaran,

Just a note to say hi !! Just back to dreary wet Ireland from the hols in South Africa. Unfortunately I was without Wing, 'cause the roads and scenery there are simply astounding.I wil talk to you soon at the "Causeway Run".

By the way, as these Sunday runs are getting bigger all the time, could I suggest that in the interest of continueing safety, that the "marshalls" be kitted in some sort of reflective vest, or something that would make them easily identifyable to everyone? (Big yellow flag maybe...)

I know we all want a fun day out, butwith the large numbers it seems to be getting more difficult to keep everyone together. I don't want to see backmarkers speeding to catch up etc.,and that has been happening. What do you think?The CBers are a great help, but for those not so equipped a little visual aid would be helpful.

Keep up the great work Ciaran,

Regards

Steve18

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Hi Steve

Welcome back ,yes I have organised flourescent waistcoats and I will be getting a team of marshalls together for a training course ,,So if anybody wants to volunteer give me a shout ,,one major factor is the marshalls must have a CB on the bike ...for communicating with each other ,,So looking forward to seeing you on sunday ,,,dont forget the sambos and flask ...Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hey Redwing ,you must be getting really old ,,the wing in your picture is not red ,,,You can borrow my glasses and zimmer frame for the next run ,Ciaran
Oh im very sorry about that, but thats my poor wife's 1500 wing and I have to do what she tells me. ! ! ! :( She wont let me put my 1800 wing on just yet. :X Now where are those keys. ;)

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

steve18 wrote:
:DHi Ciaran,

By the way, as these Sunday runs are getting bigger all the time, could I suggest that in the interest of continueing safety, that the "marshalls" be kitted in some sort of reflective vest, or something that would make them easily identifyable to everyone? (Big yellow flag maybe...)
I don't want to see backmarkers speeding to catch up etc.,and that has been happening. What do you think?The CBers are a great help, but for those not so equipped a little visual aid would be helpful.

Keep up the great work Ciaran,

Regards
Yes I agree 100% with these comments. Anything that improves road safety must be applied. Wexman has to be applauded for the huge effort he has put into organising these runs, and it's important that everyone puts their toe to the line when it comes to road safety.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
Hi all
Leaving the RED COW HOTEL at 9.30 am sharp ..ps EVERYBODY FROM EVERY PART OF THE COUNTRY IS WELCOME ..AS Long as you can ride a motorcycle:):)
I see the rules have been changed for this run with regard to the type of motorcycle you ride. I understood that these were runs organised for people who ride a honda goldwing. Is this changedbecause someone on the gwoci site complained. Wexman you are the person who organises these runs, and you have the support of everyone involved, dont allow anyone to call the shots for you. We have waited a long time for someone to organise things like this, If this gentleman does'nt like your rules he does'nt have to travel. The amount of work that you put into organising these runs is unreal. Let anyone try it. You make the rules and we abide by them. :cool: ;)

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

There are people who are assosiate members of the goldwing club that have other motorcycles ,which I did not know about ,They have to be made welcome as are all other budding goldwing owners ,I know I organised these runs on amy own because I was fed up waiting for the club to do anything ,but now the runs have got so big and popular ,that I have to rethink the whole structure of them ,,I am open to all suggestions good and bad and I will listen to all critics and I will also take on board everybodys point of view,Michael king made a valid point which I had over looked and hopefully have rectified ,,so we will see how next sunday goes ...I also think that anybody who has been on the runs and is not a member of the club should now join ,,The club officers have now seen just how many people want to get out on there bikes and I think they will take it on board and hopefully for the next season organise these runs at club level,,,thank you all for your support and to all the people who phoned me on this issue ,,My moto is live and let live .enjoy your bikes and the run ..the goldwing club is all about friendlness and welcome so lets keep it that way and welcome all motorcyclists into our runs ,,One warning if these runs start developing into sportsbikes racing ,I will pull in and head for home ...cheers Ciaran

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

wexman wrote:
There are people who are assosiate members of the goldwing club that have other motorcycles ,which I did not know about ,They have to be made welcome as are all other budding goldwing owners ,I know I organised these runs onmy own because I was fed up waiting for the club to do anything ,but now the runs have got so big and popular ,that I have to rethink the whole structure of them ,,I am open to all suggestions good and bad and I will listen to all critics and I will also take on board everybodys point of view,Michael king made a valid point which I had over looked and hopefully have rectified ,,so we will see how next sunday goes ...The club officers have now seen just how many people want to get out on there bikes and I think they will take it on board and hopefully for the next season organise these runs at club level,,,thank you all for your support and to all the people who phoned me on this issue. One warning if these runs start developing into sportsbikes racing ,I will pull in and head for home ...cheers Ciaran
Wexman, I hope everything works out for you. Mr Kings pointis far from valid. These runs have absolutely nothing to do with the gwoci. :XI did'nt see him organising many runs. I hope these changes wont keep away the goldwing riders. If we are waiting for club officers to organise runs we will have hairon our teeth. You stated that there were two goldwing riders on the last run acting the cowboy, you have'nt seen anything yet. I ride an R1 occasionally, when I want to play hard and I most certainly would not bring her on a goldwing run as a matter of courtesy to the goldwing riders. As I stated in a previous post, "You make the rules and we all abide by them" and if some other member wishes to organise runs to include all types of bikes, let them at it. :cool: I have a gut feeling that it wont be long untill you pull in, andhead forhome. :( Then will Mr King organise the runs. :X I doubt it.

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Hi Ciaran,

This is getting out of hand.We all know why you started these Sunday runs.We also are all extremely grateful to you for your hard work and dedication.You can count on 100% support from us who have enjoyed ourselves so much over these last few months.

To hell with the begrudgers, because that's all it is, begrudgery...Mr King can take his soapbox (and his rulebook) elsewhere, as fast as he likes...

Any other bike rider who shares our love of Goldwings is welcome to join us,(while they are saving up...)

See you all Sunday

Steve18

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

steve18 wrote:
Hi Ciaran,

This is getting out of hand.We all know why you started these Sunday runs.We also are all extremely grateful to you for your hard work and dedication.You can count on 100% support from us who have enjoyed ourselves so much over these last few months.

To hell with the begrudgers, because that's all it is, begrudgery...Mr King can take his soapbox (and his rulebook) elsewhere, as fast as he likes...

Any other bike rider who shares our love of Goldwings is welcome to join us,(while they are saving up...)

See you all Sunday

Steve18
Well said Steve18 and you can bet your last euro that all the other people who take part in these great runs that Wexman organises think the same way. I will state again, Wexman "you make the rules and we all abide by them" and good riddance to the begrudgers. :cool:

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

Hi Redwing,

I think that the best way to end this storm in a teacup is to continue to support Ciaran by attending the runs, and continueing to have FUN!!!

The only rules that Iabide by are.....1.Use common sense 2. Respect fellow riders 3 Obey the rules of the road. Once we all keep our heads and enjoy the craic we can aways have fun with our bikes, wherever we ride them.End of discussion...

Steve18

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

We had the N Ireland meeting Monday night and no-one could agree on an event for Sunday. I will Email our members and give them details of your runout and ask them to meet your run at the Lisburn roundabout. Generally if the sun is shining there should be a few turn up ok but if it is raining I wouldn't hold your breath. Hope to see you Sunday. Jim Fairclough and myself will be there and hopefully a few others.

Regards John

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hi John

Thats the best news I have heard today ,it will be a pleasure to welcome the ulster wings on the run ,and hopefully the weather will stay fine ,No matter what the weather we will still make the run as there will be people on the route waiting at the pick up points ,and where as it may be raining in one part of the country it may well be dry in the other part ,if you can send me your mobile number via private message and I will ring you when we are leaving dundalk ,cheers ciaran

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
imported post

Ciaran

I wonder if this text is large enough for poor old!!! Red Wing ha ha.

Top Cat.:p

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

it should be big enough for him to read ,if its not we will have to get a guide dog to read the messages for him :):):)see ya sunday..ciaran

ps I have shrek for casey :dude:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.