Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

This is a picture of the Austone beside on of cthe popular 205 60 series tires the Valkyrie riders are using. The Austone is much taller but is less than an inch in diameterlarger than the stock E3 I am now running.

http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc485/BernieWatkins/DSCN0254-1.jpg

As you can see I have no idea what I am doing with these pics. I placed the mounted Austone beside my front tire so you could see the width.

Because the Austone tire is deminsional close to the E3, I believe it will react more like a motorcycle tire and be easier to get used to. I have been a little under the weather since Monday cso it will be a while before I can get it installed and a progress report done.

Dubs

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

It will definitely fit in the frame; even better than the car tire that was on the rim first. You might think not because it is so much taller. But remember the wider car tire is over two inches smaller in diameter than it should be.

Dubs

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
imported post

Nice pics... I though you were going to put the Austone on a wing.

Lemme know how you like it...

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I thought long and hard about the Austone for the Valk. My Valk riding buddies think I nuts. They think it will slide out from under me because of the harder rubber compound. I don't think so. They also think I should have gone with a wider tire. This one is so close to my orginial E3 I think it is the best match for me.

Dubs

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
imported post

I'm curious to hear how this works out for you. I've got the Austone on my Wing but a Cobra 180/70 on the Valk. The Cobra looks significantly wider than the Austone, though I haven't actually taken a measuring tape to it. The Cobra is great on the Valk. Have about 5K on it. We'll see how it cups and what kind of longevity I get out of it.

·
Premium Member
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Wpgfire,

I'm running the 180/70 E3 and, except for the wider tread on the Austone, the tires pretty well match up. I can't understand why Valk riders aren't using this tire unless it is the 99 MPH speed rating it has. I do go faster on occasion but it doesn't last long enough to cause me a concern about it flying apart. I hope to put it on the lift this weekend and start the process. My seals and new bearings will be in by Tuesday and I hope to have it ready to go back together by then!

Dubs

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.