Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi all,

Can anyone with a GL1100 post a pic of EXACTLY where to find the air cut off valve on the carbs? I have the bike stripped of all plastic right down to the frame, but the carbs are still in place.

I've searched my FSM and Clymer's, and the pics they show are anything but enlightening. If anyone can post a photo of the carbs as they sit on the bike, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Jack

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Should be underneath the plenum chamber above and between the two front carbs.

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

There are 4 cutoff valves on the bike. One on each carb. Are you sure you are not looking for something else? Like the accellerator pump diaphragm, there's only 1 of them.

I have the carbs off, and can get you a pic if necessary.

Raymond

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Silicon Sam wrote:
There are 4 cutoff valves on the bike. One on each carb. Are you sure you are not looking for something else? Like the accellerator pump diaphragm, there's only 1 of them.

I have the carbs off, and can get you a pic if necessary.

Raymond
Definitely looking for the cutoff valves. I've got four of 'em, and they're about the only things I've not yet replaced.

If you can get a pic or two, that wouldbe great!

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Here's a pic I just took, they are not on the bike, but it'd give you a place to start looking. The yellow circle is the accellerator pump, and the 2 blue circles is 2 of the air cutoff valves. The other two are on the same place on the other 2 carbs. They are on the side.

The cutoff valves are held on by 2 screws, and you'll have to be an amazing contortionist to get to these while on the bike. Plus you'll more than likely have to remove the carbs from the plenum to get to the 2 that face the other carb.

Funny thing is, when I disassembled mine, there were no cutoff diaphragms inside my carbs. Not a one...

Raymond

Attachments

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thank you VERY much Silicon Sam! Say, is it really that hard to pull the carbs? I just had mine synched not far back, and really don't want to lose that.

Jack

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
imported post

You won't lose the carb balance just by removing the carbs. When you seperate the throttle linkages is when you lose the balance.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Thanks, Jason. I'll just try not to do that. :)

Jack

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

No problem. I pull the carbs by the CI kit instructions, which seem to be different than most. They say to pull the right two vacuum caps off the tops of the carbs to allow it to slide out the left side. Worked great for me.

Raymond

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

exavid wrote:
Should be underneath the plenum chamber above and between the two front carbs.
Oops, looked at the wrong part on my CD exploded drawing. Sorry!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.