·
Goldwing Addict :-)
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
1,539 Posts
imported post

Pretty cool. The picture of the first bike, Honda Dream 305cc made me think of the first bike I owned, a 1964 305cc Honda Dream, black.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
imported post

Wow, what memories, saw at least 3 bikes I once had, the Honda Dream, the Hodaka 100 and what looked like a 550 4.
That Hodaka would climb a wall if it could get a grip!Thanks for the pics, fine memories.

Patrick

·
Premium Member
12,779 Posts
imported post

Thanks John . Thats a nice collection of bikes . Only a couple I cant recognize .

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Those are some AWESOME bikes!! I liked too many of them to start listing each one, so I will have to say I liked all of them!!

Thanks for posting the pics! :applause:

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Nice pics!!!!! Thanx:waving:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Thanks for the pictures John. That Hodaka brings back memories of laying on my back on a dirt road in Kotzebue, AK with a Hodaka on top of me. Got carried away trying to get a good wheelie with that thing. Also fondly remember those one lunger Hondas, I sure put a lot of miles on one of those things, rode one back and forth between Anchorage and Fairbanks a couple of times on one. Seems strange now to remember how much the average bike was in the 60s. When I had my TR6 in 1959it was a good sized bike.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Brought back a lot of fond memories of some that I had owned. Thanks for sharing.:claps::claps::claps:

Gene:action:

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

Thanks John, I had planned on going until I ended up flying to San Francisco for a down system.

I love the picture of the 305 dream, a neighbor had one when I was living in Montana and they let me ride it for over 6 months. It didn't have a lot of get up and go but it was a great bike to get around on!!.

Thanks again!!

Henry

·
Steve
440 Posts
imported post

Great pics the 550 reminded me of my first street bike.I had a 73 750 four with the exact colors. Man that bike was fast!

·
Premium Member
410 Posts
imported post

Saw at least 5 bikes that I had at one time, great pics.

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

Hanko wrote:
Thanks John, I had planned on going until I ended up flying to San Francisco for a down system.
I know. That's why I didn't call you. I knew after I saw you had been gone all week, were only going to be home for Sunday and then back out on Monday, that the show would be out for you. :sadguy: I hope you'll be home for Christmas!

I'm glad you all enjoyed the pictures. I love looking at the old bikes, and new ones too.:waving:

John

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
imported post

I'm home John, the customer has a power problem on their site. They have a 5V AC difference between neutral and frame ground throughout their entire building. There is also a 20V peak to peak noise signal riding on the 5V AC difference. Because they will need to shut off power to the entire building to repair the ground bonds they will need a weekend when they can do it. No chance of that happening until after the new year.

The noise on the Neutral is inducing signals in our equipment that make it unsafe to operate. Therefore they are down until they get their problems fixed and I get to stay home!!

Henry

·
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
imported post

Good deal for you Henry. I bet that was fun figuring that one out! :shock::headbanger: Merry Christmas to you and Edie!

John

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.