Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The wife and I went to the show today and met up with JLuvs2Dive (John) and a riding friend of his Brad. I took the camera along for a few shots.

Lots of bikes on display including quite a few custom ones typically built around the V-twin engine style.

I'll start with the new Honda F6B... not my style but some here have expressed interest. The seat is a lot wider than the typical wing seat.

For those of you who really like the inline 4cy CB750's Honda has decided to bring back the CB in an 1100. Here is the eye candy!!

To me Brad has a smile that tells me this would be a good fit for him.

They had quite a few V-twins there including this Yamaha Star motorcycle.

Zero was there with their full line of 100% electric motorcycles. Here's a couple of them.

The Kawasaki Versys look a lot like a V-Strom

Then of course there were the off beat bikes. Like this Mazda Rotary Engine bike from JP Cycles.

There was this total waste of a good Yamaha R6?

Then there were also the can't turn around in the length of a Semi Truck Custom built bikes. Pretty but not very functional.

Hope you enjoyed the look at the bikes.

Henry

·
Premium Member
8,921 Posts
Love the pics, sounds like you guys had a Great Time :)

·
Senior Smart Aleck
1,599 Posts
Nice pics. Thanks for sharing

·
Premium Member
626 Posts
I like the NASSIR shirt in the first pic. That would be John methinks.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Wow that CB 750 retro bike rock's. Kinda whish they would make a gl1000 retro bike
Wilf

·
Premium Member
3,073 Posts
Thanks for the pics. The cycle show in Calgary is in January. I have not been for three years so I guess will go in 2013.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
Great pictures, thanks.
For some strange reason, that CB1100 is my favorite.
Just something about that "old style" that appeals to me, maybe not as a long distance bike, but I like it.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea it appeared to be a show favorite. Lots of people crowding around it. Had to stand there for quite a while in order to get close enough for pictures.

·
Premium Member
67,784 Posts
Henry, that for the pictures....

·
Best looking member
3,110 Posts
CB 750 K6 was my first bike. That 1100 sure looks familiar. :):) Brings back some fond memories.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yea, Seattle does get a lot of Gray days in the winter, the good thing is we get less rain each year than Atlanta, New York, Washington DC, Heck almost any city east of the Mississippi.

I know it is hard to believe with the reputation we have that up here we don't tan, we rust but it is true.

Henry

·
Still Learning
13,274 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I plan to ride the f6b and the cb1100 this summer at the Honda demo days ride. Can't wait.

·
Senior Moment Member
3,707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hmmm, wasn't sure if that was weather related clouding... ;-))

They just made it legal by state law, but it is still illegal by federal law. That means a lot of companies still comply with the federal statutes and will fire you if you fail the test. Not worth losing your job over.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
They just made it legal by state law, but it is still illegal by federal law. That means a lot of companies still comply with the federal statutes and will fire you if you fail the test. Not worth losing your job over.
I still can't believe it was even on the ballot in light of Federal regulations... :?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.