Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I have seen small .gif pictures down in the signature block on some members profiles. Does anyone know how to go about getting a picture into the signature block?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Eddie, his problem is for some reason he can not insert the pictures we use in his sig. I sent him the exact code I have in MY BEAUTIFUL BLACK ASPENCADE sig and it is not working for him, so he captured the gif he wanted and I see has it stored over in his photobucket to display here in his sig.

Bet you he would prefer just to do the ":12 black:" :12black: just like everyone else if he could.

You know I wonder if he capitalized beige?? :12beige:

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
imported post

I think pictures in signatures just clutter up the look of the forum. Lots of forums ban signatures altogether because of it being abused like this. No offence intended lads, but putting a picture in your signature might look good to you but not so good to other members and if we all wereto do this we will end up with signatures being banned over a few people. I'm quite happy to have my signature the normal way, if I want a picture I can upload an avatar which is better suited for this. :waving:

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
imported post

I think the signature should be used for displaying infromation about the product you have.

Being this is a Honda Forum I've listed my two Honda Bikes. (just for favor I added my two dodge trucks)

As I go to my Diesel Truck forum I 've got my Two dodges listed first and my GW listed under it....

I think It help the guru's and other memers help you quickly becuase they can see in you signature the Make / model of vehicle you have and any modifications (BOMB's) you done.

BOMB - Defined... Better Off Modified Baby!

As for pics in the sginature... Not needed...

·
Premium Member
187 Posts
imported post

BOMB I like that:goofygrin:

I agree with the pics in the signature though. I've been to some forums where the signature takes up 1/4 of the screen. Sigs are for your what you own and maybe a little slogan IMO. I know some that put a little prayer in them.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote:
I think pictures in signatures just clutter up the look of the forum. Lots of forums ban signatures altogether because of it being abused like this. No offence intended lads, but putting a picture in your signature might look good to you but not so good to other members and if we all wereto do this we will end up with signatures being banned over a few people. I'm quite happy to have my signature the normal way, if I want a picture I can upload an avatar which is better suited for this. :waving:
Hey Reddy :stumped:Now after that lecture, :cussing:would you please update your profile and complete the LOCATION section :weightlifter:and tell us what country you come from. :clapper:

:3sum: :18red: :3sum:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Mopar1973man wrote:
I think the signature should be used for displaying infromation about the product you have.

Being this is a Honda Forum I've listed my two Honda Bikes. (just for favor I added my two dodge trucks)
Favor to who???? :baffled: :stumped:

This is a GOLDWING site. Who cares what kind of cages you drive????

My signature takes up no more space than yours does and has nothing to do with anythig except myself and my Goldwing.

I would certainly never post a For Sale ad in my signature.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
imported post

Favor to who???? :baffled: :stumped:
To any member that is trying to help me out wtih my GW... Basically I was using the same format that we use over on www.dieseltruckresource.com(Dodge Diesel site).
This is a GOLDWING site. Who cares what kind of cages you drive????
Ok... They have been removed...Normally we posted all of our rigs so if we need help with something else the member could get reference from the signature. But eventually around here I will be drive that "CAGE"... Winter does come here!

I would certainly never post a For Sale ad in my signature.
I figured since they where both Honda products someone might want it... But since its a problem it has been removed as well...

Never intended on stepping on any toes...:baffled:But oh well live and learn...:?

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Reddy wrote:
And I am strongly opposed to hatching chicks as avatars.

·
Premium Member
1,923 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Reddy wrote:
Hey Reddy :stumped:Now after that lecture, :cussing:would you please update your profile and complete the LOCATION section :weightlifter:and tell us what country you come from. :clapper:

:3sum: :18red: :3sum:
Woo EEE Get im Redwing!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

Mopar1973man wrote:
Never intended on stepping on any toes...:baffled:But oh well live and learn...:?
Didn't step on my toes. All I did on my signature is add the little motorcycle picture. It in no way added to the space that my original signature took up without the picture.

I don't care one way or another what someone wants to put in their signature block. It is not my decision to allow it or dis-allow it. I don't think that someones signature needs to be a full page long but I have seen signatures a lot larger than mine and have never complained. I also don't think you should have a giant picture in your signature block either (not that I have seen one on here)but I see no problem with a small .gif picture like I added. We are here to have fun and discuss one of our favorite things, GOLDWINGS.

Fire up the stove, cook a mess of Rabbit and Pancakes and let's have some fun!!!:jumper:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
imported post

I don't understand what you or anyone else mean by taking up extra space. Adding that little .gif of the 1200 Beige Wing did not take up any more physical space than I had already used. It did not change anything. Here is 2 examples:

EXAMPLE #1

Chris Wichtia, Kansas (a.k.a. Doo-Dah U.S.A.)

1984 GL1200A Metalic Beige

I ant as good as I once was but.... I'm as good once as I ever was.

EXAMPLE #2

Chris Wichtia, Kansas (a.k.a. Doo-Dah U.S.A.) 1984 GL1200A:12beige: Metalic Beige

I ant as good as I once was but.... I'm as good once as I ever was.

EXAMPLE #1is the way that I previously had it. EXAMPLE #2 is the way that it is now. It takes up no more space. Well, maybe just a tiny bit....:baffled:

·
Premium Member
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Hi Chris,My take on this is,A actual picture,not the Small Emoticons,that they are objecting to...I could be wrong :baffled:
I agree with you Rocky. :waving: I think now that maybe the title of my post could have been worded a little differently. Instead of saying "Pictures in Post", I should have said "Emoticons in Post". Maybe that would have not caused such a stir.:baffled:
I see no problem with the way your sig looks like now.....Keep in mind,I'm not the Owner of this Great site,and would do whatever they asked of me...
When I posted my question, it was to figure out how to get that emoticon in the signature line. I couldn't get it in there for some reason. I figured out how to do it and that is when I made my second post. Problem is that when I figured it out and made the change, the site changed all previous posts to the new signature. I think that they believed I was wnating to add a picture to the new signature.

I too see nothing wrong with it, but if I hear from the moderators that I need to remove the emoticon from my signature, it will be removed. I too do not write the rules, but I will follow them.

The rule states:

"no images or links to images in the signature please, this just clutters up the forum pages".

Looks likea link is a no-no too. The question now is, is an icon considered an image? :baffled: As I said earlier, I don't care one way or another. If I am wrong, I will admit it and remove the icon from my signature.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
imported post

Mr.1200 wrote:
Don't want to clog up the pages...That's Redwings job :goofygrin:
Hey Mr.1200 :stumped: You most definately took the wrong tablets this morning.:X

I dont clog up pages with tech information, :3sum:maybe with rubbish but thats all. :rollingeyes:You guys were starting to loose the run of yourselves :crying:eek:ver a very simple matter. It's not up to amember to tell another member :shakehead:what he/she can put in their signature. :blowingup:The wingnut or that guy with the hatchet wexman will soon tell them if they commit a serious offence. :whip:

:doh::18red::doh:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.