Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Thank-You everyone that reponded to ride there Goldwing to the top of Pikes Peak.I made it,but interesting ride.At the bottom I had just a few sprinkles. Half way up need rain gear, at the top had snow flurries.What a view.
Main reason for Colorado ride was to be at finish line for my son that finished the Leadville 100 in just over 28hrs.Thanks-Again

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,711 Posts
imported post

That is on my wish list . One day , I hope . I've seen the Peaks from the highway but was on a time crunch and couldnt go for it on that trip. :sadguy:

·
Premium Member
2,445 Posts
imported post

Congratz Slick! If you have the time, the Garden of the Gods is worth a spin too. A wee bit south of Colorado Springs, 15 or 20 minutes off I-25

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
imported post

Congratz SLICK,don't have any hills that big in OHIO. It is on my list of places to go also.

·
Premium Member
107 Posts
imported post

I rode the Goldwing up there today. It's $12 per person, but no big deal. It was around 80 degrees at the bottom and 45 up top. Beautiful day, no wind, no rain. Road is paved and great shape all the way up. Parking up top is dirt, but hard packed and easy to ride on and park.

·
Premium Member
59 Posts
imported post

I did it in my car, wish it would of been on a bike...but I had three people with me & no two wheel mode of transportation with me. Heading back out west to visit family & friends on my Wing is one of the top three items on my bucket list.

I'm glad you could do it.:jumper:

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
imported post

we rode to the top just after Sturgis started this year. It's a great ride. Be sure to have your coolant in good shape. We overheated 2x and had to pull over to cool the bike down (04 1800). Also if you have trouble breathing, be careful. The air is very thin.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

Been there 3 times on different bikes. First time was on a little 350cc Honda 4 cylinder and we were two up. It worked hard by the time we got to the top.
Glad your trip was a good one.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Congratulations to your son. What an accomplishment.

Drove to the top in about 1990 with the family. First time I ever experienced hypoxia outside of a pressure chamber. Did not realize it until went inside to get something to eat and the menue on the wall was moving back and forth. Hmmm...

Had a turbo Dodge at the time, and it was fun to be at altitude and still have the hp.

·
Premium Member
1,424 Posts
imported post

Congratulations Slick and your son for two worthwhile endevors.
Pikes was one of the my most spectacular rides too, as it takes you through some awesome CO country.

I did Pikes last year and had altitude sickness and like a real idiot went up Evans too and was sick again but not sorry in the slightest. After all, I did Check the Boxes.

But enough of this, could you tell us a little of the Leadville 100 bicycle run? This run just has to be the most grueling thing on the planet.

Slick, welcome to the forum as well.

Ned

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.