Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My Grand Daughter just turned 17 May 1 and Friday she got certified for her Private Pilot Licenses,her dad got her a Cessna 150 to get her hours built up,she is an A student,works at Alliance Airport and is a member of Women in Avation in Dallas.Her Dad is SW Captain and he goes with her to 737 Similator and she flies it ever chance she gets.
She is the blond,sorry bout the sideways picture

Attachments

·
Premium Member
12,700 Posts
Well you should be proud Grandpa. You got a Goldwing and she has Flight Wings. Quite an accomplished young lady. She's well on her way to a good future in aviation.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well you should be proud Grandpa. You got a Goldwing and she has Flight Wings. Quite an accomplished young lady. She's well on her way to a good future in aviation.
Papas proud,thanks

·
Registered
103 Posts
sounds like she's definitely headed for higher things in life LOL.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks John.👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
40 Posts
My Grand Daughter just turned 17 May 1 and Friday she got certified for her Private Pilot Licenses,her dad got her a Cessna 150 to get her hours built up,she is straight A student,works at Alliance Airport and leads Women in Avation in Dallas.Her Dad is SW Captain and he goes with her to 737 Similator and she flies it ever chance she gets.
She is the blond,sorry bout the sideways picture
proud grampa, eh?:nerd:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I dont know how this escaped me.
Congrats! This is a great accomplishment. If I could go back in time I would go for a flying license
Peter Thanks,
What you said about getting your licenses is what I would do if I were a few years younger,cost now is prohibitive but she let me take the control a few weeks back.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Congratulations!!! Now she can step up and pilot the USAF C-17. I helped build 275 of them.

·
Administrator
57,921 Posts
I certainly hope this is not your granddaughter Pure Texas....

Lake Little, the daughter of Starkville, Miss., Alderman David Little and his wife Pattie,

just the same, it is a serious loss for any family, and she is a beautiful girl.
same age, and body structure, hard to determine if it is two different people.

Pure Texas's g'daughter's father flies for SW Air out of Dallas. this appears w/o verification to be two different girls.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Administrator
57,921 Posts
seems that Foxnews story is short on facts.
no mention of the airplane, they intimate the 18 y/o girl was solo in an airplane.
not that she was in Beechcraft which is low wing, and not suitable for youngsters to be flying w/o a 1,000 hours behind them.

the V-tail Beech is well named as a Doctor Killer.
Egos and airplanes don't mix well.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
seems that Foxnews story is short on facts.
no mention of the airplane, they intimate the 18 y/o girl was solo in an airplane.
not that she was in Beechcraft which is low wing, and not suitable for youngsters to be flying w/o a 1,000 hours behind them.

the V-tail Beech is well named as a Doctor Killer.
Egos and airplanes don't mix well.
the young lady was probably in a 172,my GD flies a 150 and 172,the Beech was a twin,2 years old and one engine went sour on takeoff,flying a twin assures you will be first to arrive at crash scene,not a plane for low hours pilot to fly.https://www.dallasnews.com/news/addison/2019/07/02/cockpit-thrown-confusion-seconds-before-10-died-addison-plane-crash

·
Administrator
57,921 Posts
the young lady was probably in a 172,my GD flies a 150 and 172,the Beech was a twin,2 years old and one engine went sour on takeoff,flying a twin assures you will be first to arrive at crash scene,not a plane for low hours pilot to fly.https://www.dallasnews.com/news/addison/2019/07/02/cockpit-thrown-confusion-seconds-before-10-died-addison-plane-crash
My idea of a twin, is the Cessna inline twin, a 337 is it called?

336 Skymaster
337 Super Skymaster

Loose an engine, you just keep going.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
My idea of a twin, is the Cessna inline twin, a 337 is it called?

336 Skymaster
337 Super Skymaster

Loose an engine, you just keep going.
I was in error,it was a King Air,Beechcraft.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Grand Daughter is on her way to Oshkosh with her female instructor,should be fun for those girls,they are in the Cessna 150,

1 - 20 of 26 Posts