Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While looking though the online manual I'm finding about 3 differnt recomended presetting for the pilot screw. I've seen 2 turns out, 3 1/8 turns out, and 1 3/4 turns out.

I have an 89 gl1500, with the 55 slow jets (from the carb overhaul tsb / recall)

·
It aint rocket science
3,942 Posts
imported post

Original starting point with #50 jets was 3 1/8 out. Per the TSB screws are to be turned in 1 1/8, which leaves you at 2 turns.

JD

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

hummm, right now I have them 3 turns out. I have the wing back together, might have to wait till I tear the front end down to rebuild the forks to adjust and sync the carbs.....

If I understand this, having them turned out 3 turns, I should be a little on rich at idle right?

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
imported post

That would be correct. Do you remember or know what they were before you took them out? I seem to remember some here saying that you can get to them through the front without much disassembly. Haven't tried it but have heard others say you can.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

I have know idea on where they were set at. When I went though the carbs last week I removed everything and wasn't thinking about counting the turns.... I do know the limiting caps were missing....

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
imported post

It takes a long flat screw driver and a good light, but you can get to them from the front.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.