Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the pins on the cord broke off inside my headset piece that mounts to the helmet. I have ordered a new cord.

Anyone have a way to get the pin out of the hole? It's in there a ways now since I thought I could get it out on my own..........:sadguy: :ssshh: :?

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Jobe5, when that happened to me I was told by sierra electronics to just push the broken pin all the way in and it would not hurt anything

·
mr irrelevant
2,205 Posts
perhaps either a small peice of wire pushed in next to it and try to work it out, or a magnet?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried an earth magnet.. Didn't work. When it was sticking up a little (Very little) I put the magnet on the side of my tweezers and tried to pull it that way, but it just wouldn't grab So, based on the above (pushing it throu), I cot a very fine needle, put the magnet on it and tried to dig it out, no luck, all I did was push it deeper. I think it will push right down and not be an issue.

And yes Ejwwajaw I put the tweezers back in the bathroom so I can still go when I need to............. (Beat ya to it)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
When you get the new cord, siimply cut off the same pin on it. This will solve the Interferance issue, between the old and new pins.

·
650 Posts
really??? cut off the pin?

·
650 Posts
isn't that the problem in the first place? and the reason he is buying a new cord?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
OK, got the new cord, cut the pin off so that it would fit into the socket but it still doesn't work, now what??

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
as fireshine said isn't that the problem in the first place? and the reason he is buying a new cord?

the new cord won't work now because it is now in the same condition as the old cord.

·
650 Posts
go figure!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
OK, got the new cord, cut the pin off so that it would fit into the socket but it still doesn't work, now what??
Get another cord, and try again

·
650 Posts
lmao

·
650 Posts
did you happen to read the next line in his reply?

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just kidding to get Alex's goat....... Of course I didn't cut the pin off........

·
650 Posts
i had one break off but it was under warranty i tried to remove it but no such luck

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I think it will either push down far enough for the new plug to fit right into or it may go all the way through, I haven't taken it off the helmet to look at the back side.

·
650 Posts
good luck

·
Premium Member
1993 gl1500, 1976 gl1000
3,916 Posts
When you get the new cord, siimply cut off the same pin on it. This will solve the Interferance issue, between the old and new pins.
Now we know the reason for Alex's signature line. "I void warranties"

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
I have had pins break off before, and just hooked up a new cord without trying to take out the broken piece and have never had any problems.

·
Premium Member
6,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got the new cord today and it plugged right in all the way. I suspect the socket is deep enough to accommodate one break anyway ......

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.