Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

So this is it. I am the only member of the club with a Wing. When it is kick stand up time I have to look at my tach to make sure I am ready to go with the rumbling from the you know what brand. Throttles cracking, power in the air. Going down hill I am always riding the brake, the twins just slowing down naturally.

Mind you, not jumping ship. Just something more in tune with the guys I ride with. Want to go long distance, hop on the Wing. For jaunts with the club, the other one.

My neighbor owns a salvage yard and collects HD in various forms of casualty. He has one that my eye has been on for some time with bent forks. Black with green flame design. Maybe I am really looking for a winter project. My Wing is perfect now. Turn the key and off to anywhere.

No shield, no fairing, just bug eating riding.

Am I nuts?

JD

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Here is a picture of the victim.

JD

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

if price is right looks like a fun bike
wilf

·
Premium Member
10,276 Posts
imported post

If you're nuts, a good number of members here, are too. Nothing wrong with wanting another toy to play with. I would jump on it, if that's what I wanted. It's nice to have the option to ride whatever and however you feel on any given day. Variety is the spice of life.

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
imported post

I too would say go for it. Everyone needs at least two or three rides :action::action::action:

·
It aint rocket science
3,924 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

mikef wrote:
It's nice to have the option to ride whatever and however you feel on any given day. Variety is the spice of life.
Is that advice also applicable to women.:ROFL:

JD

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
imported post

I own a Harley along with my GW,,I also own alot of tools & a lift specifically for the Harley! Now,if ya like to spin wrenches,then add the Harley to yer collection.But hang on to that GW for those last minute decisions to go riding!
To be totally honest,since I've owned my GW,I maybe out about 1000 mi.a year on my HD.:readit:

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

Het JD
That does apply to women to . But just ask Tiger how that turned out.
wilf

·
Premium Member
171 Posts
imported post

Someday I'll get a sportster again, that was a fun bike. I had an electraglide at one point too, but I just couldn't get into the whole costume party theme, so I traded it in on a Vmax. Ride whatever you like and like whatever you ride, or sell it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
imported post

I got my first HD in the fall of 1972. It was a 1000 cc Sportster and a fun bike. Keeping it until 1984 did require some work--I did it all myself. In 1984, I purchased a new GL1200 Standard that I still have and I am in the process of converting it to a trike.(photo is in the Photo Gallery) In 1994, I purchased a new GL1500 and still have it--very little work required. The HD has improved since my first one. If the price is right and you want it, then by all means get it and you will enjoy the bike.

·
Premium Member
1,672 Posts
imported post

As the only wing rider in a club full of...well...OTHER brand rides, it sounds like you have them in the perfect position. All lined up just waiting to be won over. Perhaps if you were to show up on an 1800 they'd see the light. (you can keep the 1500 as your other bike if you really must have one) :cheesygrin:

·
Premium Member
5,106 Posts
imported post

everyone i ride with has hd's and i cannot hear mine running at all and my tach cable is broken so lol i just have to ummm............ WING IT to see if its running

lmao.... i kill myself

·
Premium Member
3,857 Posts
imported post

If I want to ride something old, fat and slow, I'll look up your (wife, girlfriend, etc.) hahahahahaha

Now I gotta find that couch to hide behind.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
imported post

rgbeard wrote:
If I want to ride something old, fat and slow, I'll look up your (wife, girlfriend, etc.) hahahahahaha

Now I gotta find that couch to hide behind.
Now that's bad!!! :ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,082 Posts
imported post

As long as you have the money and garage space then get as many as you want. I have 4 bikes now. My sons have made me promise to buy no more than one bike a year. They actually think there might be something to inherit. There are too many makes and models not to get one of everything.

·
Premium Member
8,242 Posts
imported post

The more Motorcycles the better, think of yourself as a Motorcycle rescue facility. sounds good huh?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.