Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife tells me she wants her own trike. I am delighted. She road my 1800 around the parking lot for 20 minutes and her shifting hand got very sore and stiff. She has small hands. We are looking at the Pingel electronic shifter. The manufacturer says that you do not need to use the clutch except to start out from a stop and while at a stop. They use an ignition interrupter or something like that when each gear is changed. I sure would appreciate any comments from Goldwing owners who use one of these shifters. I am concerned about damage to the transmission from changing gears without using the clutch. Thanks for any comments

·
Premium Member
12,868 Posts
Hello and Welcome . I hope someone here may be able to offer you some insight . I have seen one bike with this setup . I believe it was an HD . The rider was an amputee . It made it possible for him to ride once again . I have no idea how the electronics work .
In your wifes case perhaps there is a hydrualic answere . Perhaps a larger volume /different size master cyclinder would be easier to pull and hold ? Or a longer lever to overcome the tension .
Is she looking to ride an 1800 ? Maybe a smaller bike would have less clutch strength needed ? Just thinking out loud here .
I hope your able to find a solution so you can bot enjoy the wind .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.