Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I am looking for more sound out of my goldwind its a 1984 gl 1200, any ideas such as websites I could buy slip ons from I can only find Jardin slip ons. I know its against the goldwing creed :) but i just cant do quiet bikes. Thanx all

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

hi have you tried drilling the back end of the stock exhaust can to get the sound you want its free

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

http://www.650ccnd.com/pipe1.htm this explanes all you need its a v star but the same princable you can keep making the holes bigger untill you get the sound you like

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

there are two options. drill the baffles like on the vstar pictures.. or remove them, two rivets under the end of the pipe, dirll them and pull the back cover of the baffle, if you dont like the sound you can just install it with new rivets any time!

·
Senior Guru
3,873 Posts
imported post

with removeing the baffels you can affect the back pressure for the carbs, if you drill the holes you can fill them later if it dont work for you

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

Goldwings sound better stock, I think you'll be sorry. There are already too many loud motorcycles in the world and it only serves to diminish the sport.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
imported post

I understand where you are coming from but quite bikes feel unsafe to me, I can rev it to get people to move or of someones is abot to cross in my lane on the free way. I do see your point though. Thank you for the advice

·
Premium Member
4,379 Posts
imported post

there will be no problems removing the baffles, no need to re-jet or stuff like that. but to be honest i dont like the sound it makes. a friend of mine has removed his baffles and the sound is ugly.

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
imported post

Oh ok Ill try both, I got plenty of time, the jetting thing was what concerned me

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

I don't buy the loud pipes save lives cliche. If there is traffic around me, I want to be able to hear. With loud pipes, all you hear are the loud pipes.

·
Banned
12,287 Posts
imported post

sfruechte wrote:
Goldwings sound better stock, I think you'll be sorry. There are already too many loud motorcycles in the world and it only serves to diminish the sport.

LOL :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1:........ Wow!

Take a listen to this with w/dual ICTs and straights....

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/kkkikZzUGvM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

And again with a Weber 2bbl and same exhaust.....

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/2tDzfFTcTJk&feature=related&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

That's how it's done...

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
imported post

I have a set of Jardine slip on mufflers on my 84 Aspy. When I got them they were too loud for me while riding the bike. Off the bike as a bystander, they sounded good. I just couldn't stand all the noise in the "bubble". I took the advice of some others here on the board and put a modification on the Jardines where I could put some steel wool packing in the end of the mufflers and now, it's perfect. I can also go from really loud to whisper quiet and can't really tell any difference in performance or mileage.
Jim(inSC)

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

i put on a set of harley pipes since mine werent good anymore,the sound is just nice.and what calls for highway riding and being cut off i installed AIR HORNS ....lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.