Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Sorry for my English.

I need pistons and rings (0.25 or more) on GL1100

I can not find them in stores. I tried to order them from ronayers.com . on this site are available in the catalog of parts but in reality they are not. they tried to find it more weeks and another week to return the money :(

I have two weeks trying to find them elsewhere but does not work.

·
Premium Member
991 Posts
Would it not be cheaper to just buy a used engine? Pistons and rings are expensive. Add to that the cost of gasket sets and it adds up quickly. Then if you make a mistake and bugger up the rings or assemble something incorrectly, you have to do it all again.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Delivery of the engine from the U.S. to Russia will cost about the same as is a motorcycle.
I would want that the engine was like new. I already bought the other parts of my engine.

So I need pistons and rings..

Price for pistons and rings with me.

·
Administrator
27,888 Posts
There seems to be no such thing available, you can get rings for a suzuki 96-02 1590cc esteem. G16kv,G16s, 1.6L to fit.

·
Premium Member
1,046 Posts
Surely no one knows where to buy the pistons?
There are just not enough 1100s around anymore to justify the expense of setting up a plant to make them. You would never sell enough to get your money back. I suggest you look at the rings Dave0430 mentioned and try to find a shop that can sleeve the cylinders and bore them to your current pistons.

Good Luck!

·
killer driller
781 Posts
I know where a strong engine is,it had 34k on it when I wrecked,I traded it to a friend for some work he did.He wants $700 for the engine

·
Premium Member
4,328 Posts
I have a set of pistons..PM me if interested and give you all the details

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
You can order rings from Hastings rings. Just give the the measurement(they will coach you) I custom order rings several times from them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.