Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just thought I'd kick this out here for awhile since I know many people are helpful and sometimes maybe have a guest room or such to spare, or a back yard, or floor space, or suggestions for camping, etc.... I'm not fussy LOL
Also advice on possible weather conditions on the way that time of year, etc..., any thing that might help.
And if I make this trip I'd enjoy meeting up with anyone that wants to ride with me for awhile also of course.

There is a convention in Long Beach, CA January 20-22, 2012 I'd like to attend if I can. I just found out about it on another forum I'm on for other stuff business related.

If I can swing the trip on the wing it's going to be close. Very close. Just gas will eat me up. I'll have to really hustle and work to make some trip money in time.
Running about 3600 miles or more round trip and that's not counting extra riding for fun either on the way back and forth.

If I can make the trip I would be basically following I40 from Little Rock, AR to Long Beach, CA till I have to take other roads looks like around 100 miles.
I might prefer riding along side I40 instead of on I40, but I40 looks like a straight shot there.

Once I get to Long Beach, CA I'll be needing a place to stay for about 3 nights.
Any one around that area that could look for cheap hotels in area, have extra space, or suggest safe camping spots?

I plan for 2012 to be a better year. So many trips I planed for 2011 did not work out and got canceled or taken later than planned.
My planned trip to Florida got canceled also recently.
Had a choice of after Thanks Giving and be home by 9th Dec or after 11th Dec be home by 21stDec. I choose the latter. Now find out wife has extra days of vacation from work, 16th is her last day til Jan 2012!!!
Love that we can do more together for a longer time, but trip to Florida went down the drain LOL

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
imported post

Chromo wrote:
...advice on possible weather conditions on the way that time of year, etc..., any thing that might help....
I might prefer riding along side I40 instead of on I40, but I40 looks like a straight shot there...
> You may encounter Snow on I-40 via Flagstaff, in Jan. Be prepared to detour further south to I-10 (or beter yet Hwy-62 to Twenty-nine-Palms)

Chromo wrote:
...Once I get to Long Beach, CA I'll be needing a place to stay for about 3 nights.
Any one around that area that could look for cheap hotels in area, have extra space, or suggest safe camping spots?...
> So far as camping goes, I doubt you'll find anything in Long Beach.
> Anywhere near the beach is going to be expensive... try 10 miles inland for something economical.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.