Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Wife and I are Leaving for florida on november 20th from pennsylvania to sarasota (weather permitting)...It could be 30 degrees when we leave and be 80 degrees when we get there.Will be packing the trailer with cold and warm weather gear.My buddy and his wife are planning to go along on their wing also,planning on riding about 500 miles a day,that means 2 1/2 days to get there.Planning 2 different routes in case of bad weather in western north carolina, we will take an eastern route as the mountains could bring snow at that altitude.When its time to head for home and there is bad weather in virginia and pennsylvania (snow, icy roads, etc.) we will rent a U-haul to get the bikes home...anyway I'm getting excited.....

·
Registered
10,509 Posts
imported post

What's the route you're planning for western NC? And the timeline for it? Might want to meet for coffee somewhere if close enough.

·
Premium Member
281 Posts
imported post

The closer you ride to the coast, the warmer the weather will be...the mountains of the carolinas and georgia can be cold for sure.....

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Bagmaster wrote:
What's the route you're planning for western NC? And the timeline for it? Might want to meet for coffee somewhere if close enough.
We plan to take route 77 near fancy gap virginia,should be in that area early friday morn,nov 21......

·
Registered
384 Posts
imported post

No matter how you do it - do it and enjoy. I am heading down that way in January and plan on staying until 1st of April! If I can get out of Cincinnati before the snow flies I should be OK. 3 extra months of riding will be great again in 2009!

:cool:

Ride safe!

me --- I am on R & R - (Retired and Riding)

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
imported post

redeyes88 wrote:
Bagmaster wrote:
We plan to take route 77 near fancy gap virginia,should be in that area early friday morn,nov 21......
You will probably be happy to get down to the flatlands on the eastern side of the gap.

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

Redeyes88,

I live in Tampa, Let me know what daysyou will be in tha area. There are a couple of forum members in the area. This would be a good excuse to have a local get together and maybe go for a ride.

Peter

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
Redeyes88,

I live in Tampa, Let me know what daysyou will be in tha area. There are a couple of forum members in the area. This would be a good excuse to have a local get together and maybe go for a ride.

Peter
Yep, maybe we can find a bar-b-que joint and sit down, enjoy the food and swap some lies. :cheeky1:

Just be sure to keep us posted as the day gets closer.

·
Premium Member
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

Peterbylt wrote:
Redeyes88,

Peter
Sounds good to me,The women will be going to the beach and we can meet, greet n eat....:cheeky1:...Also my buddy and his wife will be traveling with us on their trike and my son in law is trailering his bike down
(Big Dog Chopper..great for 50 mile trips )We plan to stay in sarasota about 4 days,nov.23,24,25,26....I will stay in touch... Peter and Lost in florida..... when the time gets closer and I will send you my cell phone number so you can give me a call when we arrive....

·
Premium Member
725 Posts
imported post

Did someone say BBQ :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: road trip:15grey:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.