Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi guys, since I'm a new member and Goldwing owner (94 Aspencade) I am asking for your expertise. I also have a Vulcan 1500 where I find everything very easily accesable to work on. My question is: is there any easy way of getting under the covers, if need be, to check or fix something specifically? In reading the owners manual you have to take the covers off in a specific order to get to anything. I'm just afraid of possibly breaking the holders of these covers the more you handle them.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
imported post

Just pull gently on the covers- trying to pull them straight' as this lowers the risk of snapping lugs off- some will probably be broken already. A lot of panels tend to overlap so just work methodically and check for hidden screws. If it doesn't feel right- it probably isn't, so keep looking instead of forcing things too much. It's not too bad once you've worked on 'em a few times though. Steve

·
Premium Member
5,382 Posts
imported post

Grommet kits are available from various sources and worth it if yours are torn or drying out. A dab of white grease can make replacingcovers easier. Also look at tethering the side covers to prevent loss.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.