the throttle control, causing a hesitation when I twist the grip. Is there a

way to tighten the mechanism? I like instant response when I "twist the

gas" and it's just not happening! I've traced the whole mechanism and it's

definitely the grip turning loosely (the whole thing, not just the grip

cover.):praying:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
There's some adjustment at the throttle grip where the cable comes out of the throttle control. One end of the L shaped guide can be screwed out and locked with the threaded collar. There's also an inline adjustment on the throttle cable. Some further adjustment on the carburetor end of the cable as well. It's best to keep about 1/8" or a wee bit less at the grip. If the cable is too snug it will drag and not allow the throttle to snap shut. If the adjustments are already all the way out new cables are the way to go. If yours are original cables it's well worth replacing them. New cables and housings can make a bike much more pleasant to ride.

·
Busdriver
1,037 Posts
There is a double ended adjuster on the cable near the grip. The forward adjuster under the boot is the large adjustment and the other closer to the grip is for fine adjustment. Each end has a lock nut. Make sure after adjusting to turn the handlebars to full lock left and right while idling. If the engine rpm rises the cable is too tight. Loosen it off.
Snap the throttle and check for return without binding. Lube your cables.

·
Premium Member
2000 GL1500SE
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the feedback, will get that throttle adjusted now!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.