Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The PO of this trailer registered it as a 'home-built' in the early 90's when that was the cheap and easy way to do it here in CT. When I bought it in the late 90's I was given paperwork as such and did not have any problems at the DMV. I would like to find out the company that made it, and see if they are still around because I need to find a new hinge for the top.

BTW: I love this trailer. I don't need it much, but when I do.....

Bill

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

I lowered/leveled it: I made a custom drop axle (modified the factory one), and then 'adjusted' the tounge to be level with the trailer and ground when attached to my Wing.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,173 Posts
imported post

Chrysler?:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

·
Premium Member
1,522 Posts
imported post

dude ive been looking for like two hours to see what kind of trailer that is... Cant find anything like it... Maybe it is homemade???

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

I know its not a home built, and thank you for the effort. The seller told me what it was, but that was a long time ago, 10+ years, and the trailer is at least 15 and maybe 20 years old. Would have been much better had he registetered it the 'correct' way, but my hope is that someone that has a one will see this and tell me.

Bill

·
Premium Member
9,409 Posts
imported post

did you look on the bottom of the trailer, or axel for some type of markings?

I have never seen anything like it..:?

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Yes, I have had this apart a couple of times, but there is nothing on it. The PO might have removed anything that was on it due to the registration of it the way he did.

It has a uni-body style to it. The body has think plywood inside the floor, and both the springs and the tounge bolt to that. This makes it very light but strong, and easy to modifiy.

Bill

·
Premium Member
415 Posts
imported post

I had a trailer made in 1975 and looked something like that....my top was the same level from front to back though.
Mine was a "Roadrunner" made by CALIFIA in California.
Mine had 6" wheels and when the tires were shot, I had to stop pulling it, as D.O.T. did not approve any tire for highway use smaller than 8"
The trailer I had was years before the internet, and I haven't been able to find anything now that looks like mine.

·
Just one of the guys
4,805 Posts
imported post

You say you need a new hinge, how about a picture of the hinge, some of us may be able to help you find one. The hinge is likely something that is not special made, you might even find a suitable replacement at Lowes or Home Depot. Also if it is a stainless hinge you might try a marina, they often have a pretty good selection of hardware.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
imported post

wodam wrote:
Looks like CMI tag-a-long
Thanks for the heads-up. I did a search but found them in MD, and could not find any photos of older trailers. Any links or photos would be great!

DougW wrote:
You say you need a new hinge, how about a picture of the hinge, some of us may be able to help you find one. The hinge is likely something that is not special made, you might even find a suitable replacement at Lowes or Home Depot. Also if it is a stainless hinge you might try a marina, they often have a pretty good selection of hardware.
I will post a photo. Its not a 'hinge' like one might think, its like two 'C' chanels hooked together. I can remove the top by lifting it and sliding to either side. Its made of aluminum, is warped and cracked (was this way when I got it), but still works. I did replace the hardware.

Bill

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.