Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 gl1800. I have no idea what stock is and what's not on this bike. Trying to add aux cable. Before ordering, wanted to see how it looked under there and how they connect.
So, there is no STOCK aux cable that plugs into a phone, correct?
My pocket has a cigarette charger there. Is that STOCK?
Pocket won't come out. It seems stuck from cigarette charger. NOW how do I remove that? Will not pop off and seems to have a collar on the inside of pocket. Don't know why there's not a wire that just comes loose with it, giving some slack.
Am I missing something?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
60,881 Posts
there is a power wire lead coming out from under the left front pocket.

if there is a cigarette lighter socket there, someone apparently has used that lead to power up their cellphones.

it has a limited current capacity, I don't recall the fuse rating, but it is under 5 amps.
so don't go plugging in an air compressor there.

·
Premium Member
1998 GL1500 Asp and 2017 GL1800 4AC
333 Posts
With a power socket in place in the pocket, you need to take out the fasteners that hold the pocket in place, pull the pocket up while pulling it up at the rear to clear the fairing ledge. Then you should be able to remove the pocket with the power socket in place. The power socket will be plugged into a three pin red connector. Disconnect that and you should be able to remove the entire pocket away from the bike.

The aux audio cable connects to a white three pin connector that is located in the same rubber boot that the red three pin power connector is located. The connectors are constructed differently so you cannot accidently plug in a wrong connector.

That aux audio cable only allows you to inject audio into the bike system. It is not compatible with a phone for two way communications. The Honda aux cable has the three pin white connector on one end and a three connection Stereo Plug on the other. That stereo plug is 3.5 mm. It will plug into a phone or an MP3 player as long as the phone or player has a 3.5 mm receptacle.
Aux Audio.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got pocket out. Here's what's under there. No aux cord 3.5mm. Doesn't look anything that a plug and play aux cable can attach to either.
Attached are pics of under pocket. No audio aux cord. Where the hell would it have gone? Why would previous owner or whoever take it out? God, making it 10x more difficult. If they had left the damn thing, I could just straight play some music and not be in this stupid mess.

The tape is covering a light sensor for flashing headlights. Cord is for that. Otherwise, I only see cords for 12v cig charger, cord to light sensor, and cord leading to that 12v box with 4 connectors. See pics. Not sure what that box is for. No where to plug in a 3 pin aux cord. 20201026_182112.jpg 20201026_182106.jpg
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content
20201026_182239.jpg 20201026_182134.jpg

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
The Aux cord is not a factory install. You will most likely have to buy one either from Honda or an aftermarket supplier.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
The Aux cord is not a factory install. You will most likely have to buy one either from Honda or an aftermarket supplier.
Got pocket out. Here's what's under there. No aux cord 3.5mm. Doesn't look anything that a plug and play aux cable can attach to either.
Attached are pics of under pocket. No audio aux cord. Where the hell would it have gone? Why would previous owner or whoever take it out? God, making it 10x more difficult. If they had left the damn thing, I could just straight play some music and not be in this stupid mess.

The tape is covering a light sensor for flashing headlights. Cord is for that. Otherwise, I only see cords for 12v cig charger, cord to light sensor, and cord leading to that 12v box with 4 connectors. See pics. Not sure what that box is for. No where to plug in a 3 pin aux cord. View attachment 324100 View attachment 324101 View attachment 324102 View attachment 324103
The box with four connectors looks like a relay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
The Aux cord plugs into a connector in the upper left of your first picture inside the boot that has the green and white wire shown going in. You can buy the Aux wire from places like Wingstuff and Cyclemax.

·
Registered
1 Posts
2004 gl1800. I have no idea what stock is and what's not on this bike. Trying to add aux cable. Before ordering, wanted to see how it looked under there and how they connect.
Pocket won't come out. It seems stuck from cigarette charger. NOW how do I remove that? Will not pop off and seems to have a collar on the inside of pocket. Don't know why there's not a wire that just comes loose with it, giving some slack.
Am I missing something?
Wow, if you are still working on that plug, I can send you some pictures of my 2004 Goldwing in that stage as I write this. I just finish changing my air filter and have yet to put it back together. I see exactly where that plug goes. You will have to take that pocket out to get to the end of the plug. Totally simple, the cigarette lighter just come out with the pocket and can be disconnected. Simple stuff.
Am I missing something?
20201031_214831.jpg
Uh

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wow, if you are still working on that plug, I can send you some pictures of my 2004 Goldwing in that stage as I write this. I just finish changing my air filter and have yet to put it back together. I see exactly where that plug goes. You will have to take that pocket out to get to the end of the plug. Totally simple, the cigarette lighter just come out with the pocket and can be disconnected. Simple stuff.

View attachment 324134 Uh
I don't know what you're showing me in the pictures. I think the audio plug is under the rubber flappy boot where the white plug is in my pictures, at least another post said as much. Haven't looked again. Aux plug I ordered won't show up till mid Nov or Dec.

·
Premium Member
2012 GL1800
620 Posts
The 2004 did come with the aux cord. It was not connected by the factory though. It was in the saddlebag along with the manual. The previous owner may have kept it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts