Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
I don't think it should be too much trouble for people to add the dates to the titles when posting about events.
Why do so few do it?

I mean really, it would help out everyone in the long run to quickly see when some event is coming up soon so those who many want to attend don't miss it, and then see it later after it's over!

Sure sometimes a thread starts as an idea and no set dates, but once the dates are set then the title should be edited as well as the first post so people can easily see when it will be!

Checking several forums to see if anything soon, like in next 3 weeks, and NOTHING has dates in titles and most what I read is about events 6-8 months away, then like 10th or 12th thread down on one site I see there is an event in about 2 weeks!

Why not just make it easy to find and show the date!
If it is worth posting at all then showing the dates should be well worth the minor effort!

And WHY even bother making a thread to post about some event when too lazy to say anything about it?
Hey, look at this event! Nothing but a link to some other site and no info about anything! No dates or times, no location, not even if it's a 3 hour ride or for a weekend camp-out. Just hey here's some stupid link to look at!
I mean really, what does anyone in WA. or FL. care about a 1 day 100 mile ride in Chicago, IL. for lunch! LOL
If it's worth starting a thread for, then it's worth posting some info about it. Otherwise why even bother? Just sticking in a link to some other site is not posting decent info!

Sure, often an idea is posted thinking of doing some new event, or maybe the dates not totally worked out yet for an event. That is fine of course.
But once things are figured out, then if the event is going to happen, post the dates in the titles so everyone knows what is coming up soon or will be 8 months away still!

I want to ride maybe this weekend and perhaps camp. I think I saw something coming up about now once! Now I can not find what it was as nothing has dates and 200 threads to sort through over several sites to try to figure out what was really soon!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great Idea Chromo, and it makes all kinds of sense too....

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
How about a general location too?

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PROGRESSIVE m/C show discount promo code DLR2015 @ motorcycleshows.com & save $4 dollars
Like is this trolling or spamming. or just not a clue to reality? LOL

The thread is about post dates in titles, here you make a post about something that has nothing to do with this thread and do not even post any dates for it! Now how off the wall stupid is that! LOL

·
Premium Member
6,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think some of the replies in this thread just totally miss the the point!

A date is important because if the event is already OVER then nothing else maters at all!
If you see an event is next week you can take time to look up the other details like is it in an area you can get to or not or want to or not.
DATE is the most important thing! If Sept 2015 do you give a rats behind NOW Dec 2014 about it if looking for something to do between now and March 2015? Of course not! If it was August 2014 do you care now in DEC 2014 since you already missed it, of course not!

As far as other things that would also be useful like location, that's trivial really as the point for many folks is get out and ride! So if you know the event time is getting near then you can look at the other details like if you want to make the trip or not wherever!

Many of us just want to get out and ride when we can and if an event is right at that time we will ride 500-1000 or more miles N, S E or west to get to it just to make the ride if the time is something we can do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts