Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

While removing the battery on my '85 GL1200 Aspy, the positive battery cable (which has some sort of fuse on it) came unplugged. I think this must be where it plugs into the wiring harness, but I'm not sure. When I examined this plug, I noticed that it had been partially melted, like there was some sort of connection problem here. I'm too new at it to know what plug this is, and whether I can just by-pass it by soldering the individual wires together, or if I need to somehow replace this plug.

Does anyone know what plug this is, and whether it can be by-passed or replaced?

Thanks!!

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
imported post

Is this the plug with four wires, one red, one red and white,cant remember the others without going to look at bike(red/yellow and red/blue I think) but they go into a plug with spade type connectors. this should plug int top of starter solenoid just to right of battery as you look at it but not sure on the fuse unless someone has replaced/bypassed the dogbone fuse that sits there on the solonoid.
Is it possible to post a picture.?..the plug on the other side of the battery should also be checked (with three yellow wires) if it is still there, standard fix for that is to get rid of the plug and solder the wires instead. Is this any help or am I in the wrong area?.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Yes, this is the plug with the 4 spade connectors. I've already replaced the connection on the other side of the battery. I assume that I can't just bypass this 4 wire connector.

·
Premium Member
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

1200Keylowatt, this is EXACTLY the kind of information that I needed. Thank you SO MUCH. I'll go out and get the parts and this will be my Saturday project this week!! :clapper:

·
Premium Member
298 Posts
imported post

Istarett,

Glad to help out! The site I directed you to is full of information that is tailored just for the GL1200. I got my bike last year and was able to get it running right in no time by getting the free repair manuals, and following the tips and advice at that site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.