Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I am going to be replacing these shortly on an 82 Interstate and was wondering what you guys recommend.

Randakks sells caps for earlier but states they are not for 82-83. However, partsnmore.com has the exact same NGK part number which they recommend through 83. Any idea why?

Also, what wire should I get to replace the originals?

Thanks,

David Tupper

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

Scroll down a couple of pages to the topic "81 gl1100 I spark plug wire change"

Everything is answered there.

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

Problem is the post doesn't stay where it was.. I can't find it..

But short answer is.. I am very sure they are the same for all these years..

The long answer: I purchased the XDO5F .. and compared to what was on my 83 and also bought the OEM stuff from Honda... all the parts are identical to the OEM except for the NGK raised letters on the NGK branded ones.. (also the OEM has NGK in small letters on the edge so we know NGK makes it for Honda)... NGK was about $4 each.... OEM was $10... you can grind off the letters of the NGK but not necessary.. will fit in the hole as is.. There has been some discussion as to whether the resister caps are to be used on the '83 since it calls for resistor plugs.. I am using both and that was the way I bought it (but it was used.. not new)... and the part in the parts fiche definitely is resistor also.. I really don't think both are necessary but it doesn't hurt either...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.