Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Should the plug wires be stiff like clothes hanger or more like a standard plug wire?

·
Administrator
02 GL1800 w/Auto Pilot
59,681 Posts
imported post

If they are as stiff as they seem to be, it would seem to me that the rubber insulation has gotten pretty hard.

Are they still good? That depends on IF the insulation has any cracks in it.

My super technical method of determining if they are still good is highly patented, and secret. :cheeky1:

I just run my hands down over the wires while the engine is running. If I can do that and not feel anything, then why change them?

·
Premium Member
6,183 Posts
imported post

When I took off my old plug wires, they would stick straight out horizontally and not even bend. They were pretty bad....

·
Premium Member
1,680 Posts
imported post

Original spark plug wires still on the bike. Not bad odds but I had to replace mine. Bike ran better.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

These are very stiff..I think they would break before they bend..Off to find new ones..THX

·
Premium Member
1,437 Posts
imported post

My super technical method of determining if they are still good is highly patented, and secret. :cheeky1:

I just run my hands down over the wires while the engine is running. If I can do that and not feel anything, then why change them?
When I was young and in my early teens, I had a buddywith lawnmower that he could not shut the engine off. His grandpa told him to pull the spark plug wire off with his hand to kill the engine. My buddytold his grandpa that did did not want to get shocked. So, grandpa told him to piss on the spark plug. Yes, he got shocked, so he says, ha. Needs for Mythbusters or the JackAss show to do this, unless one of you would like.....

I am not going to run my hand down the wires, and I am not going to piss on the spark plugs, ha. Not me bubba.

I hate to say this,damn goldwing forces be to use "cost as adetermining factor". If them wires were cheap, it would be a no brainer. I just replacedspark plug wire sets on two of my vehicles.

If my GW aint broke and does not have an engine miss, I ain't got no business tofix it. Shhh....well, I got an old spare set just in case. Came with the coils.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Mine was running good..Now won't start..Not getting any spark..Have to start somewhere..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.