Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hello Everyone,

I just recently broke the latch and hinge on the small pocket compartment just below the rear speaker. I have look on numerous web pages and can not find a replacement. Can anyone give me a clue as to how I can repair this door. You can not store much in it, however I do not want to keep it taped shut as the tape lookslike a cheapfix,and I want my Wing to look as nice as possible as long as possible.
your Friend,

John D.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
imported post

lools like you can get the knob (latch) here http://www.hdlparts.com/default.asp

for a reasonable price.

If the problem with the hinge is just the little stud broke off, and the loop on the pocket door is intact, you can use a small picture hanging tack - hold the tack head with a pair of needle nose pliers and heat the pointed tip with a small torch. Then hold the pocket door in place and insert the tack through the hinge. Have a piece of water-soaked paper towel to cool the tack and plastic down quickly. Once it's all cooled down, you may want to carefully put a little bend in the end of the tack. It's not perfect, as the pocket door will be a little wobbly when it's opened, but it's cheap and the door can be closed securely. Mine have both been "fixed" like this for the last 10 years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Welcome to the "Broken Passenger Compartment Door" (B.P.C.D. syndrome).

Fixed mine via (epoxy'd in) Aluminum nail & a carb-spring. :cool:

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
imported post

at least you still have yours, mine went with the wind some time ago. Still looking for left door replacement(brown)?????

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

There as available as Hens Teeth. Wish ya luck.

I've had some luck molding some parts using a piece of 4" PVC Vent pipe, the real thin wall stuff. I use the "M" & "L" grade for structural parts, their much thicker.

·
Premium Member
21,185 Posts

·
Premium Member
633 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
imported post

Silverfox wrote:
Page 9 of the listings for 1500 spares @ 50 Euros.

perhaps more aplicable to European members but they do ship world wide.

http://www.goldwing.nl/cgi-local/winkelengels.cgi

The (current) exchange rate, $50 NL for that "rear pocket door" in USD is $65.00 (PLUS shipping).
EEEeeeOUCH!!!!

To MFGthis part can't be more than $3.00 USD tops. Add shipping & reseller... maybe $15.00 not $65.00. :realshocked:

There must bea "price margin" for hard up buyers I don't know about.

(Mr Rogers) "Can we say 'RIPP OFF' boys & girls?"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.