Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Just checking to see how many members use the Honda cleaner andpolish, ?:coollep:where you buy it and the price,? :cooldevil:do you use it on the windshield? :baffled: and what you think of it.? :leprechaun:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

It works but it contains abrasives so I stopped using it a couple of years ago. Don't think you can get it here anyway, I got mine from HGB in the UK.

·
Premium Member
396 Posts
imported post

Ambrose is right. I used it on my chrome and paint and I can see little swirls in the chrome now that I never had before (and I use proper soft cotton rag). I'll post you half a bottle of it if you want to find out the hard way.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Hey Lads, :waving:Im using this stuff as long as I can remember on all parts of the wing, :clapper:Chrome, paintwork, windshield, and wheelsetc. and I cant see any swirls anywhere, it leaves her like new and is so easy to use. :clapper:Thats my 2cent worth. :gunhead:

:santahat: :18red: :santahat:

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

I also use maguires on my windshield, good stuff, takes a bit to get the little bit of film off but when your done almost like new and no glare...

I use Orange TKO as a cleaner and then i use furniture polish on the tank and plastic, really shines it nice...

and i use Leather Amore on my saddle.. good stuff too..

here is a pic of the bike after its cleaned... nice huh...

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
imported post

I am sorry to hear the Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish has been discontinued. I think I have one can left. After that's gone, I'll try the Lemon Pledge. Anything Kit recommends has to be good stuff !

Dave

·
Premium Member
542 Posts
imported post

I've always used Honda spray cleaner and never had issues with swirls from abrasives. They did stop selling it in NY for some strange shipping reasons , so a few yrs ago I picked a few cans up at a dealer in CT. I love it!!!

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

A friend of mine is also good friends with a guy who owns a large Honda dealership. The dealer told him that the Honda spray cleaner/polish is Pledge in a Honda can.

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
imported post

A friend of mine is also good friends with a guy who owns a large Honda dealership. The dealer told him that the Honda spray cleaner/polish is Pledge in a Honda can.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
imported post

I used to have a vulcun m/c and the dealer where I had it serviced told me about a detailer that they used and all the bikes there, new and used, looked great so I started using it and works great. It is made by or pakaged by yamaha. It wont atract dust like some cleaners I have used before. works very good on chrome or paint, and it cleans up the plastic parts that were turning gray from the hot California desert sun and makes them look very good. When applied to the seat it makes the seat look great and is not slick like other cleaners I tried in the past. I don't need to wax after as it leaves a protective coating that helps with uv protectant as per the label.

It is good for about three to four weeks at a time for me. I just wash the bike with soap and water then dry it and then spray the detailer on everythinglet sit about three minuits and just wipe it off.

All in all I would say it is the best all around cleaner in a can I have found bar none.

It just says Yamaha detailer. In a spray can with a blue and white label.

By the way the dealer is a Yamaha, Kawisaki, Honda, and Ducatia dealer and uses it on all the bikes in the show room.

·
Premium Member
468 Posts
imported post

The only thing i would caution against is using an all purpose cleaner on the saddle, i have a corbin saddle and i stopped by a leather shop here locally to ask them what would be the best thing to use on it, i told him what i was using and he said stop using a general cleaner, it will clog up the pores in the saddle, dry it out and it will eventually start to crack. He said for the saddle you need to first have a professional inform you exactly what kind of leather it is, there are many different kinds and also many different techniques for forming it. Once you know that you can get a product that works best for that particular saddle...

For many you need a cleaner and a conditioner but others you can use an all in one product.

·
Premium Member
898 Posts
imported post

The local dealer here still has a few cans of the Honda polish. I used to have two cans but used it all and now use Lemon Pledge on my Wing, VStar and atv!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.