Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I just noticed this neighbour of mine using Lemon Pledge to polish his :18red:

and it looks very good, but what he wants to know, :doh:Can he use this stuff on the windshield. :shakehead:

:hovering::18red::hovering:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

I have been using pledge and Mr sheen on my windscreen for the past few years and it is excellent ,It was a guy in france who had a 1500 since 1990 and he used pledge all the time on his screen and after all this time there is not as much as a blemish on it and that is what convinced me to use it ,,,I also polished the bike with it ,but found the dust seems to settle on it very easily ..So I stick with turtle wax for the bike ...Ciaran

·
Premium Member
1,191 Posts
imported post

/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gifLemon Pledge has NO bad effects on Windshields,and painted body ----It is perfectly safe for Lexan , and plastic visor stuff.             Its used by several dealers around here to fancy up the bikes for sale in the lot..... It is not as good as Plexus for "antistatic" (it does attract the dust!)    and it does not cut thru the gunge as well as Honda cleaner / polish in the black can... but.. its available anywhere , whilst on the road.. and  if you keep applying it... it will waterproof your windshield for several days in a rainstorm/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gif it also makes your bike smell nice for a few hours.../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gif SilverDave 

·
Premium Member
2,350 Posts
imported post

SilverDave wrote:
/forums/images/emoticons/smile.gifLemon Pledge has NO bad effects on Windshields,and painted body ----It is perfectly safe for Lexan , and plastic visor stuff. Its used by several dealers around here to fancy up the bikes for sale in the lot..... It is not as good as Plexus for "antistatic" (it does attract the dust!) and it does not cut thru the gunge as well as Honda cleaner / polish in the black can... but.. its available anywhere , whilst on the road.. and if you keep applying it... it will waterproof your windshield for several days in a rainstorm/forums/images/emoticons/dude.gifit also makes your bike smell nice for a few hours.../forums/images/emoticons/emoticonsxtra/cooldj.gifSilverDave

That sure answeres my question--Thanks:cooler:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

The stuff works okay, if you have a big bug build up it's better to soak them a bit with water. As I said on another thread, I've used the stuff on aircraft and boat windshields for years with no harm to the plastic. It will shine up the bike too, but won't last as long as a good carnuba based wax.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
imported post

Thanks lads :clapper:Since i told him that it was ok for the complete :18red:he hasn't stopped polising, he has even polished the rims with it. :banana:I told him our "Senior Guru"said it can be used on aircraft, :bat:so he says he will get one of his men to try it on his aircraft during the week. :jumper: Hey wexman :stumped:

He wants to know, can turtle wax be bought in the aerosol can. :byebye:

:3sum::18red::3sum:

·
Premium Member
11,739 Posts
imported post

They tried to put it in an aerosol can a few years back ,,but the turtle kept getting stuck in the nozzle:D:D

·
Premium Member
225 Posts
imported post

hi all,ive always used any furniture polish that was at hand at the time ive been cleaning my bikes,plastics,chrome,painted surfaces its always worked for me? plus most if not all polishes are wax based as far as i can tell so in fact this should protect the surfaces cleaned with it ??? as for the wind sheild ive always used furniture polish,also theres no need for the more expensive brands ive used the cheapest makes and still got the same results,the cheapest one ive used was only 45 pence english money...;)bri,uk.:12beige:

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

Redwing wrote:
Thanks lads :clapper:Since i told him that it was ok for the complete :18red:he hasn't stopped polising, he has even polished the rims with it. :banana:I told him our "Senior Guru"said it can be used on aircraft, :bat:so he says he will get one of his men to try it on his aircraft during the week. :jumper: Hey wexman :stumped:
He wants to know, can turtle wax be bought in the aerosol can. :byebye:
I've seen Turtlewax in aerosol but I don't think the formulation is the same.

·
Old School Guru
7,887 Posts
imported post

Well you learn something every day. I would not had thought about the Lemon Pledge as a polish for the bike. A lot cheaper than some of the stuff out there.:)

Gene:waving::11red::11red::11red::cooler:

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
imported post

yep, sure can, i use it all the time on my gl1500, windshield and also all, of the body panels. happy trails, bob:waving:

·
Premium Member
237 Posts
imported post

When using Pledge on the windshield, the wax actually fills in the minor scratches making it clearer at night and in the rain.

·
Premium Member
733 Posts
imported post

I have used Pledge with good results on the windshield. Whenever you wipe your windshield alway wipe in the same direction. I clean my windshield up and down so as not to create swirl marks that will impede your vision at night.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

FWIW I've polished my Cee Bailey windshield in circles, figure eights, and straight lines over the past five years or so and haven't seen any swirl marks.

·
GERIATRIC MEMBER
57,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

[align=center]By golly this thread was dead for over four and half years :shock:and big bear who only joined a few days ago brings it all back to life :D[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Lemon Pledge leads the way :clapper:[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]
[/align]

·
Premium Member
789 Posts
imported post

I use it all the time. Like exavid says, it won't replace a good wax but it's a lot easier and quicker to use it more often. In fact, when I worked in a factory 35 years ago, Pledge is what we put on the new machines before they went in the box and out the door. There's stuff out there that is very similar but costs a LOT more.

·
Premium Member
993 Posts
imported post

I spray 1/3 of a can into a soft, lint-free rag & hold it over my mouth until everything looks shiny :cooldevil:

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
imported post

I have been wondering how to get the turtle through the spray nozzle too. I think I can get him stuffed into the can, but that nozzle does present a problem. :D

Kit

·
Premium Member
9 Posts
imported post

Pledge is great on the screen........you can also spray Pledge onto bubblegum on the sidewalk....it won't get rid of the gum...but it'll give it a REAL GOOD shine.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.