Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might want to try this. I use gloves from Harbor Freight to apply polish and for shining, the wife does the same in the house. Also I use Fluid Film on the black plastic, it works excellent on plastic faded form the sun. And use it on anything rusty.

Attachments

·
Registered
379 Posts
Interesting, I was about to say using a petroleum based product on plastic is not good then I saw on the label it is lanolin based. I never knew that and I have used Fluid Film to protect engine blocks and steel parts in storage for 40 plus years. I guess that is why it never evaporates.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Fluid Film is fantastic stuff, and I routinely use it for automotive applications, like where a brake rotor meets the hub. It's also super useful as an undercoating.

Never thought about using it on plastics before BUT that's a good idea that I might have to give a try. The Wing does have plenty of badly faded plastics.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Interesting, I was about to say using a petroleum based product on plastic is not good then I saw on the label it is lanolin based.
Interesting! I was not aware that petroleum based products were not good for plastics. I have purchased several cans of "Pig Snot" and even though they look nice at first the shine doesn't last long.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Petroleum (oil, gasoline, diesel fuel are just some of the better known parts of the chain that comes out of the distillation process.) will degrade most plastics. And, as you found out the thinner formulas will evaporate fairly quickly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts