Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

There have been a couple of threads on the forum regarding a law working it's way through the Ontario legislature with the intent to ban anyone under the age of 14 as a passenger on a motorcycle.

It turns out that this whole thing started with a child custody issue when the divorced father bought a bike and started taking his 8 year old out for rides when he had custody.

To say whether this particular situation was dangerous or not one would need to kow the kid's size andattitude as well as the setup of the bike and the fathers attitude. We already have appropriate laws in place.

The fact that some do-gooder politician is making aprovincial issue over it is disgusting. Like we don't have more pressing issues? The economy?

·
Premium Member
6,097 Posts
imported post

It seems that there is always someone using the system for their own agenda. If the woman has problems with the ex taking the child for rides it should be addressed in the court for their divorce proceedings. Not as a issue for the entire nation.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Nobbie, I posted the original thread, it was to be discussed on Dec.4- if I remember, have you heard any more on it ?:waving:

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
imported post

There should be a law that before politicians pass a new stupid law, they must repeal one old stupid law. That way there won't be an increase in stupid laws on the books. We have quite enough already.

·
Premium Member
10,253 Posts
imported post

Boy do I hear you on that about stupid laws.!!!!!!...There are some old laws STILL on the books here in Houston, that stemed from the horse and buggy days....I'm not kidding....there are laws as to how long you can leave your horse tied to a hitching post on Main St...Spitting on the sidewalks and too many more crazy laws that are still on the books every where....And don't wear cowboy boots in Madisonville Texas during the rodeo there unless you own at least 2 cows, if you don't you going for a swim in the town square horse water trough......

Claude....

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

When I was 14, I had 2 years of riding experience....on my own bikes. :stumped:

I agree about the "Blue Laws", In WA lollipops are illegal. In Iowa, it's illegal to kiss for more than 5 minutes. In MI, horses have the right-of-way.
Those are just asample ofendless 'stupid' state laws still on the books, and enforceable.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
imported post

I can imagine what my 8 yo would tell a judge or politician that he couldn't ride with me anymore on my wing:shock:. I would be the one going to jail...........he takes after his mother when it comes to speaking his mind on something he finds STUPID:cooldevil:

·
Registered
819 Posts
imported post

The motorcycle riders in your province need to get together, even if they don't have any kids and tell this politician, with as many emails, phonecalls and personal visits as possible, and tell him that if he insists on passing stupid motorcycle laws he will be out of a job at the next election.

Peter

·
Probationary
4,535 Posts
imported post

"Political Supidity". Isn't that an oxy-moron??

·
Piled Higher and Deeper
4,513 Posts
imported post

The best way to combat this idiocracy is to donate to the organizations that fight these laws .. HERE is one that is fighting this in Ontario.

·
Token Canuk
8,236 Posts
imported post

Good one Jim, thanks for your efforts.:waving::waving::action::action::action::action::action:

·
Premium Member
61,360 Posts
imported post

Looks like the USA isn't the only country that has politictions looking for headlines with their stupid knee jerk legislation...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.