Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hope I don't get chastised by Wingut for starting this topic :gunhead:, it is has a link some were down the line to Goldwings as the political stability of our respective countries have an impact on the cost of our wings and their bits and pieces.

Comments in 'GL1200 shed' topic prompted me to post this page, I agree with their comments, and we have Blair and Gorden Brown fighting with hand bags at 40 paces, and do they care how much our pride and joys cost not to mention the chrome bits.:crying::crying::crying:

·
Premium Member
2,381 Posts
imported post

Well,

The US Dollar is not worth much anymore... that should make Goldwings (made in the USA)less expensive anywhere else. If the prices are staying the same then I'd say it's greed of the middle-man.

·
Postpubescent member
36,382 Posts
imported post

I'm willing to bet that the price of a new Goldwing is cheapest in the U.S. The buck seesaws all the time, I can remember when Canadian dollars were on a par with the U.S. The weak dollar doesn't seem to be hurting me much, gasoline is going down again, I'm living comfortably with a reasonable amount of toys on my retirement and a little part time work. The house is paid for and I don't have any debts. Not bad for a guy without a High School diploma.

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
imported post

New Goldwings cost between $38,000 and $45,000 in New Zealand.

To make that comparible is the USA they would have to to be about $24,800 USD.

$1NZ=$.62US.

However we have an extensive tax regime in little old NZ. (One of the highest tax struxtures in the OECD) and it would be quite understandable if a new wing cost 10-15% more here. (GST is 12.5% and applied to almost every purchase)

I would be curious to discover what you could expect to pay for different wings in different countries. I have an 87 GL1200 Aspencade and its worth about $8000 NZ

Andrew

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
Hope I don't get chastised by Wingut for starting this topic...
He won't mind. We were all discussing this a few months back and Jan from Denmark was telling us that a new gl1800 there is just under $70,000. :(

G

·
imported post

exavid wrote: Not bad for a guy without a High School diploma.

Hey exavid, :waving: You are not to make a statement like that. :whip: Dont forget that you are a "Guru"

:coollep: :18red: :coollep:

G

·
imported post

manxblackcat wrote:
Hope I don't get chastised by Wingut for starting this topic :gunhead:
Noyou wont, :waving: but the guy with the hatchet wexman :whip: might get very upset. :whip:

:jumper: :18red: :jumper:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.