Steve Saunders Goldwing Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
customer review on polk site says 501s can be installed in rear(mine is 98 gw) has anyone installed these in the rear location? or should I just order the 401s like Ive read here??

·
Official "Cheeky Plonker"
1,230 Posts
customer review on polk site says 501s can be installed in rear(mine is 98 gw) has anyone installed these in the rear location? or should I just order the 401s like Ive read here??
I think he's talking speakers folks!! My experience is that if it fits it'll work, just get the ones with the biggest magnets you can find that fit in the hole available, with some damping foam.

·
It aint rocket science
3,968 Posts
:)
From what I have read the 401 is an easy fit for the rear speaker location. 501 will take some cutting and grinding. YMMV

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
I have the 401 rear and 501 front and once i got them I tryed them and if I knew I would have baught 4X 501 because they fit with minor ajustments and they sound a lot better Yessssss it is possible and I will later on

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
i just installed a set of the db501's in the rear. just have to do a little trimming. well worth it. they will fit.

i have an alpine 650w amp in the trunk (custom mounted) and pyramid 6band equalizer, custom mounted also

polk audio mm5.25" mobile monitor component speakers in the front also. have to do a LOT of trimming to fit.

·
It aint rocket science
3,968 Posts
i just installed a set of the db501's in the rear. just have to do a little trimming. well worth it. they will fit.
What needs to be trimmed, speaker or bike plastic?

·
Premium Member
419 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts

i have an alpine 650w amp in the trunk (custom mounted) and pyramid 6band equalizer, custom mounted also

polk audio mm5.25" component speakers in the front also. have to do a LOT of trimming to fit.
Kool...... :claps: I have 501 front and 401 rear also amp and EQ . I was thinking moving 501 to rear and install components in front My question is how did you fit components in the front where is the tweet did you use the blank place in farring ...... do you have pic THANKS.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
Kool...... :claps: I have 501 front and 401 rear also amp and EQ . I was thinking moving 501 to rear and install components in front My question is how did you fit components in the front where is the tweet did you use the blank place in farring ...... do you have pic THANKS.
oo

i used the polk audio mobile monitor mm 5.25" speakers. capable of handling much more power than the 501's. i used the 501's for the rear pods

they are marine certified too

got em and the alpine 650watt amp from sonic electronix

google them

·
Premium Member
1,245 Posts
oo

i used the polk audio mobile monitor mm 5.25" speakers. capable of handling much more power than the 501's. i used the 501's for the rear pods

they are marine certified too

got em and the alpine 650watt amp from sonic electronix

google them
Thanks for the info I am just wondering how did you fit the component 5.25 into the faring and what about tweeter where did u mount it ?? Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.