Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I have a gl1500 and purchased a pair of these to install in the fairing.My question is how did you install them I tried to install them but none of the holes lined up.Before I go any further I wanted to get some suggestions on how others mounted them thanks........

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
imported post

I bought the Pioneer speakers at my local Walmart. I believe they are the same size as the ones you bought and my holes didn't line up either. The easiest way to install them is to use a Dremel tool with a circular drum sander attachment on it. Just take a black Sharpie marker and draw a line around the the speaker opening all the way around. I just cut the hole 1/8 inch bigger all the way around. Actually I used the sander on the Dremel to make the hole bigger and it only took a few minutes to make the speaker hole bigger. I then put the metal tabs on the fairing and drilled a small pilot hole with a small drill bit and screwed the speakers to the fairing. After I had both speakers mounted, I found out that the speaker grill cover would not fit because the speakers are too big and they rub the bottom of the speaker grill. So I used the same circular sander attachment and sanded a flat spot on the bottom of the speakers until the grill fit. It actually is a lot easier than it sounds and I had the speakers installed pretty quick. The hardest part of the whole job for me was getting those plastic vents off the fairing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.