Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

On the opening page of the message board you can see who is online, the total number of members, topics and messages. I know some people don't like seeing their user name displayed when they are online on message boards so I've decided to let you people have a say on this. Bear in mind that if you all vote "I would prefer not to see who is online"then the option of seeing the total number of members, topics and posts will be disabled as well (they all go hand in hand).
Most people use a handle instead of their real name anyway, so they will probably prefer tokeep the option of seeing who is online.
The poll will run for seven days and will automatically expire after that time. I will either retain or delete the "seeing who is online" option (depending on the vote) after that time.

G

·
0 Posts
imported post

It's important for members to vote on this issue.:) We still have only 29 votes and there are over 80 members. Dont come complaining afterwards if this does not go your way. But it looks fairly good at the moment. :cool:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Steve I may be getting old in my retirement and losing my memory but when I tried to cast a vote I was told I had already voted on this issue but could change my mind. As this is to the best of my recollection the first time I have seen this topic I don't recall ever having voted on it before. I am not sure when you started this vote but my computer has been in bits for 24hrs switched off?

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

John,
John, I asked the forum supplier about it and he says that first check that cookies are enabled on your PC and also of course you have to be logged in to cast a vote, otherwise you may get an error message.

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
imported post

Thanks Steve, I switched on this morning and it took my vote first time. No idea what happened last night but I had just put my PC back together and it was giving a few minor teething problems. See you in Limerick. :)

·
Premium Member
720 Posts
imported post

Well that was a definite YES to keeping the "seeing who is online" option available. 36 votes out of a current total of 90 members is very good when you consider that only a small number of members of any forum actually visit their forums more than once a month!
36 out of 36 say YES, that's some result.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
imported post

Yep... I think that is is great to see who is online... so keep it !!!

Matt

·
Senior Guru
3,589 Posts
imported post

07Silver wrote:
Well that was a definite YES to keeping the "seeing who is online" option available. 36 votes out of a current total of 90 members is very good.....
This is a blast from the past, 90 members total in july 2004. I think it could be an idea to reopen that old poll and see if opinions about the who's online are different now, as peak times sees a very long list on the first page.

·
Graphics Guru
1,311 Posts
imported post

the poll for this isnt needed any more, you can just toggle the who is online and the who visited today on and off with the little arrow on the right of them.
its in most of the skins including the default one and i will add it to the rest later after the cinema.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Ahhhh, it was fun watching the yes, keep going way up

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
imported post

Curses! I tried to vote twice until I noticed the date of the first post and the little writing under the poll.:cheeky1::cheeky1:

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
imported post

Looks like old threads come back and haunt us.

Actually now I think of it there was a scifi film some years ago about a person who set up the telephone system to call him in the future.

Drove him mad in the end but when he was young he thought it was a cool idea.

Sorry to rabbit on but strange things pop into my head at times.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

I was looking for the vote button myself:cheeky1:I was going to be #37.:byebye:

·
Premium Member
7,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
imported post

I've turned the poll back on just for old times sake, I'm sure it must have been one of the very first polls we had.

·
Gregarious Greeter
16,809 Posts
imported post

Yeah!!!!!!! I WAS #37:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
imported post

Just a little FYI, in "my account", under "preferences",
there is an option to surf this board invisibly.
And yes, I know this is a six year old topic.:smiler:

·
Premium Member
1,027 Posts
imported post

Don't l:madeyes::madeyes:k now, but I think this thing might be RIGGED!! :cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1::cheeky1: It says that 37 people voted and 39 have voted yes, showing 105.xx%. I know that I may not be familiar with "new math", but this is ridiculous!:headbanger::headbanger::headbanger:

·
Premium Member
1,153 Posts
imported post

I'm voter 43 out of 41. Still its fun to see an old thread come back to life. 90 members in July 2004...

·
Premium Member
272 Posts
imported post

I just had to vote, #45, although it is an old thread and I am new to the forum it is still fun. :applause::applause:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.