Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Was watching the Bolton/W. Ham match today. Right after a keeper's save I said to myself, "wait a minute". One of our sons played keeper and his gear is still upstairs. Besides his long keeper pants (Sondico brand) he also had his baseball sliding shorts. The shorts have hard foam (3/8" thick) between the knee and the the upper butt and a thinner, but hard foam that covers the outer thighs up to the butt foam.(?) The shorts stop just above the knee. They're a snug fit so they might work for those looking for a compression type shorts during longer rides.

The keeper pants have foam covering the lower back, about a five inch section that goes down the outer thighs to the knees whereseperate foam wraps around the front portion of the knees.

I wore them during my ride today and they were comfotable and warm. Granted, they are not a mesh material, but until I find a silver colored mesh/armor only (no liners) pants they are better than nothing. For those who are fortunate to see their belt buckles they might be an option, especially the sliding shorts.

·
Premium Member
14,148 Posts
imported post

What sport is a Keeper in? I assume that you would get these pants in a sporting goods store, but I wouldn't want to look like too much of an moron when asking. :D

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
imported post

Wolfman wrote:
What sport is a Keeper in? I assume that you would get these pants in a sporting goods store, but I wouldn't want to look like too much of an moron when asking. :D
I can only guess he is referring to an obscure sport called "football" :p

Chuck

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

The Lake wrote:
Wolfman wrote:
I can only guess he is referring to an obscure sport called "football" :p

Chuck
Rest of the world calls soccer football. Keeper/goalie. Baseball sliding pants provide a better ass coverage.

·
Premium Member
8,524 Posts
imported post

Wow, that's a keeper :D

Got to admit, it's the first time I heard this too. Learning so much more sense I've been here. I feel like I'm getting out in the world now, as my wife used to always tell me I've got to get out more, not meaning riding either.:dude:

·
Premium Member
3,344 Posts
imported post

we call it football (soccer)over here too, the football playersdont wear any body armour except shin pads, the goalie where gloves, we also play rugby, which is something on the lines of american football, i'm not sure if they wear body armour or not, i'm not really interested in sport, soccer games here are not the same as when i was a lad, to much violence outside the stadium, now i like amercan football i watch most of the nfl when its on tv, i also like baseball,(but dont ask me any questions about any sport, i know nothing )

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

While in London in March 02, we had pre-purchased tickets for a Premiership match with West Ham visiting Tottenham. Couldn't believe the amount of security from the train station to the stadium and around the stadium. At least 9 K9's. Police on horses who had eye and lower leg protection.

The fans from W. Ham were in one corner off to the side of a goal with extra stadium security on the outside steps of that corner section. When West Ham scored, all the security on the steps stood up and additional security/police came out from a ground level entrance and stood in front of that section.

On the walk back to the train station once again there was police all over the place. Amazing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.